Author Topic: new Jay Retard single up for pre-order  (Read 20125 times)

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: new Jay Retard single up for pre-order
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 07:31:25 PM »
i have been debating whether to post this for a long time- glad it came up. 
im obssessing over finding THE PONYS "I Wanna Fuck You", on Contaminated Records (out of print)

everything else, i'll figure out.  i can only obssess one at a time unfortunately. 

I have it (seriously).

See serious picks on the want list above or post cool records that you have.  I'm willing to trade!

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

A.M. Thomas

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2008, 08:02:16 PM »
i have been debating whether to post this for a long time- glad it came up. 
im obssessing over finding THE PONYS "I Wanna Fuck You", on Contaminated Records (out of print)

everything else, i'll figure out.  i can only obssess one at a time unfortunately. 

I have it (seriously).

See serious picks on the want list above or post cool records that you have.  I'm willing to trade!

Wait a second, I don't know if you're anti-eBay or something, but it took me two seconds to find it:
The Ponys - I Wanna Fuck You 7" (Second pressing on Contaminated)

Although, from what I can tell, I have the first pressing.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 09:09:05 PM »
Actually N.O. ...you called it.  I am anti-ebay, so I haven't even come within 1,000 clicks of it.

And I'm not picky about the pressing.  I listen to vinyl almost exclusively when I'm not in the car so I'm not into bragging rights (which, for the record, are deserved when you've got a record worth bragging about)...but ill check out ebay.

Thanks N.O.!

AllisonLeGnome

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »
I have a very love/hate relationship (sorry for the cliche) with vinyl collecting. I find myself getting completely infuriated with people who, say, claim to have 50 records and it turns out to be every variation of the same three Bomb the Music Industry! albums, or labels that intentionally press ridiculously small amounts (Matador might be excepted in this case, since they are eventually releasing a collection of all the singles so at least they'll be in print), but I am kind of mad that I still don't have the first Epoxies single and every so often I go on a pop-punk 7" binge.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 10:46:20 PM »
I am usually fine with just having a virtual copy of music.  In fact, I sold all of my CDs (about 5,000) (except for my anally complete Aphex Twin collection) four years ago and I haven't regretted it at all.  I have a small handful of vinyl I keep because it's neat, but I'm far from a collector.

Until now:  I have decided that I want a copy of the original Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields 45", because it's in the running in my book for being the best single ever.  The only one on ebay looks to be in only so-so condition for about $100.  Is that around normal?  It seems high.

AllisonLeGnome

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2008, 12:14:39 AM »
Insound has #3!

I'm getting one after all!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »
For those who are curious, here are the pressing quantities for each single:

#1 - 3517
#2 - 2750
#3 - 2000
#4 - 1300
#5 - 900
#6 - 400
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2008, 04:38:52 PM »
Just got a "No new Jay Reatard 7" for you, Matt" e-mail from the good folks at Insound.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2008, 05:26:04 PM »
Reckless still has it listed as available on their site, Matt. You might want to give them a try.

http://www.reckless.com/index.php?keywords=Jay+Reatard&format=&cond=&store=&is_search=true&srch=Search

AllisonLeGnome

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »
I actually got a shipping confirmation from Insound- I saw a number of people say theirs was canceled too. I guess I did have some luck after all.

There were 2000? I have a lot of records from relatively popular bands pressed in way smaller numbers than that and it's never been this crazy to get one when it's first released. I'm definitely not in for the rest of them, assuming it will only get worse.

Dan B

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2008, 10:28:36 PM »
I just bought #2 and #3 at the Other Music online store. five dollhairs each

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2008, 11:59:00 PM »
Reckless still has it listed as available on their site, Matt. You might want to give them a try.

http://www.reckless.com/index.php?keywords=Jay+Reatard&format=&cond=&store=&is_search=true&srch=Search

Thanks for the link, MOS!

I just submitted my order...we'll see what happens.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Dan B

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 04:05:56 PM »
So I got my Other Music order today.  Opened it to see an LP I ordered and a note that says "unfortunately both Jay Reatard 7's are out of print."  I'm out of luck.  Dang.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
Sorry to be a gloater to the people who couldn't get one, but I think this is the best single yet. Great packaging and "Always Wanting More" is so good - it's sad and pretty and exuberant all at the same time.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2008, 04:59:54 PM »
not to repeat myself (but im going to!)i couldnt handle the disappointment of fighting to get one of these.  im not into the rarity aspect.

however, i am looking forward to the compilation.