Author Topic: new Jay Retard single up for pre-order  (Read 20127 times)

Forrest

Re: new Jay Retard single up for pre-order
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2008, 03:55:43 PM »
I snagged a copy, but with major headaches. They told me I couldn't order it because it was a duplicate transaction - a duplicate of the one that got cancelled earlier. I had to get a friend to put it on their card.

I'd like to go on record as saying that I hate Matador Records and 80% of the other bullshit records they put out.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
After an extremely laggy ordering process, 7" #4 is now sold out.

Wow, that didn't take long. My order seemed to go through (I kept getting error messages so it took forever), but who knows if I'll get a cancellation message? I guess I'll find out soon enough...
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »
I tried for 30 minutes before getting the duplicate transaction "FRAUD" error. 
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »
I never had a chance- even once I did get home, the internet wasn't working. I internet-know a guy who works in a record store- if he can manage to get even one for himself, he said he'll try to get another for me, but I'm not optimistic about that either.

Forrest

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2008, 05:11:51 PM »
I know for a fact that Other Music in NYC will be getting copies in the next day or two.

Getting a copy of #6 should be a blast!

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2008, 06:04:02 PM »
Unbelievable:

To Everyone That Ordered Today,

To start off with, we are deeply sorry about how messed up everything got with the Jay Reatard pre-order. There were a number of frustrations and mess-ups along the way that made ordering this record insanely difficult. It initially got put up too early, and those that ordered it early ended up not being able to re-order during the regular time. The first orders were deleted, but their cancellation wasn't processed in time. Coupled with the slow server speed, a lot of people who signed in very early ended up empty handed.

To make up for this, and make it fair for all of the people that want to order the record we are going to re-start pre-order Tomorrow, 7/15 at 3PM ET. All orders from today are getting cancelled. I know it's even more annoying to go through all of this again but we will work incredibly hard to ensure that there is more room on the server to accommodate traffic, and make sure that we don't have any more "FRAUD" notifications for people that already ordered.

Once again, we're going to do pre-order again Tomorrow, 7/15, at 3PM ET at matadorrecords.com/store

I'm very sorry about this and sincerely hope that we can regain your trust.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Forrest

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2008, 06:07:58 PM »
Those losers have no sense of shame. Why don't they just bite the bullet and press plenty of copies of this one? Seeing as how they are the ones that keep fucking up.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2008, 07:45:19 PM »
Haha! Oh man...I managed to get through on today's order but I'm going to be on a work event tomorrow and not anywhere near a computer. Oh well, I guess I wasn't meant to get a copy of this.

I think there are only going to be 400 copies of the last single, so I doubt I'll even bother trying on that one.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

AllisonLeGnome

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2008, 08:42:38 PM »
Well, that's just ridiculous. It's one thing to handle a preorder kind of badly (see: the recent Gaslight Anthem mess- after all the initial chaos, the blue version is STILL available for purchase anyway ::)), but it's another to mess it up even more badly after things have apparently been resolved. It's only going to get crazier for them tomorrow.

Forrest

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2008, 08:49:06 PM »
It's only going to get crazier for them tomorrow.

Here's hoping.

AllisonLeGnome

« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2008, 08:58:37 PM »
I mean, I don't know much about computers and the internet but I'm guessing that if one of your problems was that your server couldn't handle the traffic, canceling the preorder twice and getting people mad about it so that everyone is acutely aware of exactly when it's going on probably isn't the best way to dissipate that.

Forrest

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2008, 09:13:02 PM »
I mean, I don't know much about computers and the internet but I'm guessing that if one of your problems was that your server couldn't handle the traffic, canceling the preorder twice and getting people mad about it so that everyone is acutely aware of exactly when it's going on probably isn't the best way to dissipate that.

No, it's not. Like many folks around here, I find myself to be really loyal to certain labels that consistently put out a quality product. Matador is not one of those labels. For every Jay Reatard 7" they put out, they will also issue an LP of weepy indie garbage. Once this singles series is over with, I will illeagally download anything they ever put out again and make it a point to buy the records from the artists while they are on tour. The major indie labels are becoming worse than the major labels at this point, because they're amateurs when it comes to conducting business.

A.M. Thomas

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2008, 12:41:40 AM »

No, it's not. Like many folks around here, I find myself to be really loyal to certain labels that consistently put out a quality product. Matador is not one of those labels. For every Jay Reatard 7" they put out, they will also issue an LP of weepy indie garbage. Once this singles series is over with, I will illeagally download anything they ever put out again and make it a point to buy the records from the artists while they are on tour. The major indie labels are becoming worse than the major labels at this point, because they're amateurs when it comes to conducting business.

There are a lot of good bands on Matador; or at least, bands I like.  I recognize they've released some garbage, but most labels have.

You're right in that they've conducted business kind of amateurishly in the past (e.g. MoB Single Series flop, recent Jay 7" mess), but I don't think it's fair to project that onto other indie labels.  Saying that indies are becoming worse than majors seems absurd to me.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

A.M. Thomas

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2008, 12:48:15 AM »
I'd also just like to say that this 7" will suck.  It's been cursed from the start.

I'm thinking of ignoring the re-order-pre-order tomorrow* and just listening to this instead:
Jay Reatard & Lindsay Shutt - In Heaven (Lady In The Radiator Song)

*Eh, who am I kidding?

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

herbie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2008, 05:55:42 PM »
well.. i ordered mine yesterday and it got canceled.
today i couldn't get through after 20 minutes so i gave up.
SUCKS!!

people are just buying these to flip them anyway at this point...