Author Topic: I Don't Get It '08  (Read 32884 times)

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: I Don't Get It '08
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2008, 04:25:33 PM »
Emerson - Did you ever consider the possibility that the posts you've read that have angered you on FOTchan are most likely ONE OR TWO PEOPLE, not an ENTIRE board? :)

<<<<<

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2008, 04:37:04 PM »
You're right, of course, angstrom. I just needed the release.

Yeah, that's cool.

Thing that always fascinates me about the internet, having met internet people in person before:  the internet invariably throws off the wrong vibes about people pretty much all the time.  I once got into this big feud with a guy on the internet (over politics, doh) and when we met in person, I figured it might turn into a fist fight or something, but it didn't.  We totally became real life pals.

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2008, 04:46:35 PM »
Swiss - You're right. I freaked out and ranted about something relatively innocuous. I've had some rather tubular experiences that have made me way too touchy about online anonymity. I hereby ease off the gas pedal.

angstrom - I've been told that something like 94% of human communication is nonverbal. Based on my encounters with people I thought I knew online, that sounds accurate.
"You said it. I didn't."

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2008, 05:20:05 PM »

I don't get it when people have some beef that the discourse on a message board about a comedy show is "mediocre".  What exactly were you hoping for?

I think the next Carl's Jr. ad is going to be someone sitting on the toilet in cold sweats, hocking loogies between his legs, wincing at his own stench, and you'll hear a constant stream of fart and shit-hitting-the-water sounds and it'll say "Bacon Beef Chili Jalapeno Corn Chowder Burgers: Back at Carl's Jr."

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2008, 06:13:19 PM »
i didn't notice thread existed before. huh.

i don't get life in general, so that applies to almost everything about it.

i do get Crystal Castles, tho. probably because i was actually aware of the chiptune community years ago, unlike the band or most of its fans.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »
I don't get how people can criticize FOTchan with no repercussions, but when I did it, I got banned for a week.

I don't get the appeal of Jack Johnson.

I don't get around much anymore.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2008, 07:13:09 PM »
I don't get how people can criticize Chinatown with no repercussions, but when I did it, I got banned for a week.

I don't get around much anymore.

That's 'cause you did it IN fotchan, in the first days of the New Regime.  They made an example out of you!

I don't get why people occasionally pick on Dave From Knoxville in fotchan.  I guess I get it, but I think it stinks.  Cowards.

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2008, 07:23:23 PM »
I don't get why people still insist that Fibromyalgia isn't real.

http://blogs.clevescene.com/cnotes/2008/01/todays_sign_that_were_all_fed_1.php

This is so nauseating. I can't believe that the legitimacy of Fibromyalgia is still being questioned. And that the people who have it are portrayed so negatively.

thecramedog

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2008, 07:34:09 PM »
OK MAGAZINE
IN TOUCH
US WEEKLY

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2008, 09:21:28 PM »

You should read the new issue of Rolling Stone, Dave. There's a four- or five-page article about this year's Bonnaroo festival, which featured Jack Johnson as a headliner; they got a quote from one guy that went something like, "Jack Johnson is my least-favorite dude on the planet, but the shrooms I took made his concert a little more intense."

On second thought, don't read the new issue of Rolling Stone. That was the only good part.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Satchmo Mask

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2008, 10:17:25 PM »
I don't care for Jack Johnson too much, but his track on Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People is amazing. Much like I don't care for the album as a whole too much.
"I LOVE HONEY BUNCHES AND OATS,BUT THE LAST THREE TIMES I WAS EATING IT,T EXSPIRIENCED SEVERE ABDOMINAL PAIN AND ACID REFLEX PROBLEMS.SO THIS CEREAL IS OF MY GROCERY LIST" - Monika54

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2008, 12:48:13 AM »
Actually, Dave, you shouldn't pick up the latest RS.  Matt Taibbi does a long feature on FOT-chan and kinda goes off on you.  Personally, I think he's being a little harsh.

Also, Emerson, what Swiss didn't tell you is that the two people were her and me.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2008, 01:15:55 AM »
Also, Emerson, what Swiss didn't tell you is that the two people were her and me.

Really? I could've sworn I smelled totep's cologne over there. And railing on newbs for not getting the "totally tubular" thing... I can't picture anyone but Liz Noise doing that. Now I can't even trust myself.
"You said it. I didn't."

kimota

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2008, 01:43:57 AM »
Really?  What does my cologne smell like? 

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2008, 01:45:14 AM »
Musky, obviously.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.