Author Topic: Wursterisms  (Read 66343 times)

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Wursterisms
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2009, 03:48:04 PM »
"Fontasies" as Gene Simmons for some reason cracks me up.  Also the fact that Gene has an accent for some reason.
he's Israeli

True, but Gene doesn't have an accent normally. 
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

Maine Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2009, 04:20:06 PM »
This guy gets mentioned quite a bit. Always makes me laugh.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2009, 03:00:07 AM »
"Fontasies" as Gene Simmons for some reason cracks me up.  Also the fact that Gene has an accent for some reason.

Yeah, any time he pronounces the "ant" syllable as "ont" cracks me up.  Sadly (or perhaps hilariously, right?), it has worked its way into my own daily speech habits.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2009, 07:46:14 AM »

Yeah, any time he pronounces the "ant" syllable as "ont" cracks me up.  Sadly (or perhaps hilariously, right?), it has worked its way into my own daily speech habits.

Me too. "Fontasy" and "poncake" are now the only way I say those words. I heard a woman speaking at my wife's graduation the other day who talked like that. It was being held in Grant Hall and she kept saying "...historic Gront Hall" and it kept cracking me up.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2009, 04:45:54 PM »

Me too. "Fontasy" and "poncake" are now the only way I say those words. I heard a woman speaking at my wife's graduation the other day who talked like that. It was being held in Grant Hall and she kept saying "...historic Gront Hall" and it kept cracking me up.

You are forgiven.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2009, 11:15:41 AM »
Ste-puncle, Maclintosh.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »
"That little bandido, who he think he is? Poncho Village?"
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2009, 05:22:59 AM »
"That little bandido, who he think he is? Poncho Village?"

Yes!

mahgeetah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
Referring to John Hodgman as "Max."  ;D
I'm in my late 50's.

Anthony from Ireland

• Policemans heel
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2009, 05:32:09 AM »
Or calling Tom Todd. I love that.

thecoz77

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2009, 09:05:36 PM »
"Double R P" in reference to Rowdy Roddy Piper made me lose it.

James W

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2009, 10:11:35 AM »
Quote from: @jonwurster on twitter
Need help! Told our driver I'm a geometry whiz and I'd tutor his son when we get to Austin. What the hell is an ice sauce of these triangle?

gordon!

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2011, 12:56:15 PM »
Wursterism blatantly lifted by the bastion of journalism, The New York Times, for a headline:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/10/fashion/10BUMBYS.html

ChipSuey

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2011, 03:40:35 PM »
I may be new here, but I've been listening for a little while.  And I definitely get a weird giggle going when Aimee Mann is on and she gets addressed as "Miz Mann".
Sometimes I say stuff here.
http://twitter.com/ThisIsJanic

JustSheaNo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »
Did anyone mention "wiki it"? I did a search but nothing came up (for me) for this  thread.