Author Topic: Wursterisms  (Read 66341 times)

JoeThird

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Wursterisms
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »
Not a specific "ism", but any time Wurster is furiously mad (like Mike Sajak, Bruce Willis, one of Tom's relatives most recently) is one of the funniest things in the world.

Pidgeon

« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2011, 10:11:17 PM »
Wurster: "I'm _____."
Tom: "Oh, you're _____."
Wurster: "YESSS!"

Something like that.

dotmap

• Policemans heel
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2011, 10:44:10 PM »
"Uh, question for you"

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2011, 11:32:44 PM »
"Uh, question for you"

That's a nice one.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2011, 12:27:56 AM »
"Well..." said with a kind of "suit-yourself" tone always gets me.
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2011, 08:03:13 AM »
"Well..." said with a kind of "suit-yourself" tone always gets me.

I hear this ALOT in real life.

Wes

« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2011, 09:42:26 AM »
Not a specific "ism", but any time Wurster is furiously mad (like Mike Sajak, Bruce Willis, one of Tom's relatives most recently) is one of the funniest things in the world.
There's a very brief moment in one of the Radio Hut calls where he turns viciously on Tom for interrupting an off-phone conversation that kills me every time I hear it. Just so much venom that comes out of nowhere and then goes away, it's amazing.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2011, 11:00:23 AM »
I'll second the brilliance of Angry Wurster.

The top of the Ron Scharpling call is one of my favorite performances of his.  "YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS!"
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2011, 11:48:10 AM »
There's a very brief moment in one of the Radio Hut calls where he turns viciously on Tom for interrupting an off-phone conversation that kills me every time I hear it. Just so much venom that comes out of nowhere and then goes away, it's amazing.

Jeff Cooper is very specific about his Taco Bell order and does not like to be interrupted.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
Two seven-layers. No guac on the first, but extra rice. Extra olives and *no rice* on the second.
Diet Pibb with about a quarter cup of ice.
4 things of hot sauce.
Mexican candy bar.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2011, 05:54:08 PM »
Two seven-layers. No guac on the first, but extra rice. Extra olives and *no rice* on the second.
Diet Pibb with about a quarter cup of ice.
4 things of hot sauce.
Mexican candy bar.

No, they're not gonna charge me extra.  It's still seven layers.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
Does anyone (*cough* Omar *cough*) know the first appearance of the "Tom uses a voice modulator" meme?  I couldn't find it on Omar's site.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Wasianchickn

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2011, 01:47:02 AM »
Does anyone (*cough* Omar *cough*) know the first appearance of the "Tom uses a voice modulator" meme?  I couldn't find it on Omar's site.

I want to say it was from Timmy on October 16, 2007 and repeated by Bryce on the 23rd.

Other favorite call-within-a-call moments are both Curt Gasteburn's and Ron Templeton's plans to kill Tom. The best part is their transition-less continuation of the conversation with Tom while he's flabbergasted.

"Getting a little 'tude from you which I'm not that into...," "Picking up on a vibe..." (mostly Bryce)

Referring to Corey Harris as a huge rock star.

Demanding respect/fame for novel jobs/accomplishments. (Rick Stevens, Poor Millionaire, Phil Monroe)

The abundance of terms for Reggie Monroe's actions (spankathon, pants vacation, pant rummage,

"Let me nutshell it for ya."

Mentioning the best director of all time or some other embellishment as Tom guesses incorrectly before it's revealed to be TLS.

Chloe inChicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2011, 02:16:35 AM »
"hey, Tom."

because something awesome usually follows

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
Referring to Tom as "host" gets me every time.
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.