Author Topic: "Kids these days"  (Read 4080 times)

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
"Kids these days"
« on: May 02, 2008, 10:35:28 AM »
Anyone want to pull an Omar and remind me of which episode last year that Tom broke out into this song? And maybe remind me of the fancy tag you can put at the end of archive links to indicate start time?

Yes, I am a nerd.

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: "Kids these days"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:39:56 AM »
I heard somewhere on this board that during one of those songs, someone sings along with him. I need to hear this!!

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »
Anyone want to pull an Omar and remind me of which episode last year that Tom broke out into this song? And maybe remind me of the fancy tag you can put at the end of archive links to indicate start time?

Yes, I am a nerd.

9/25/07:

A mom calls to give a quote on behalf of her 12-year-old son, Nicholas. Youngster loves Forrest Gump: "I'm sorry I had a fight in the middle of your Black Panther party." Tom responds to Nicholas with a rousing rendition of "Kids" from Bye Bye Birdie. DENIED. This was Julie Klausner's favorite moment of the night.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 10:51:30 AM »

Yes, I am a nerd.

9/25/07:

A mom calls to give a quote on behalf of her 12-year-old son, Nicholas. Youngster loves Forrest Gump: "I'm sorry I had a fight in the middle of your Black Panther party." Tom responds to Nicholas with a rousing rendition of "Kids" from Bye Bye Birdie. DENIED. This was Julie Klausner's favorite moment of the night.

I am awed and frightened at your skills, Omar. Thank you!

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 11:50:33 AM »
speaking of kids these days --

i was walking home the other day & some kids were hanging out on a stoop & there was a nearby pile of dog poop that the kids had stuck a dollar bill in & smeared some poo on, to (i assume) see if anyone would take it.
which, of course, i did. and they all freaked out as i said, "now that's what i call dirty money"

oh i kid. what really happened was i screamed "MONEY!" and yanked it, licked it clean and then ran down the street skipping.

seriously though, i just gave it a suspicious look and the kids laughed and one of them said, "did you see her face!"

oh, kids. will you ever learn the value of a dollar?

todd

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 12:11:56 PM »
I'm sure their shit-on-a-dollar display was actually a comment on the dark nature of capitalism, and not just kids playin' pranks. Give them credit! Those kids are my heroes!

Sarah

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 07:24:28 AM »
Every time I read the first words of this thread, I think senorcorazon is asking someone to jack a pesky drug dealer for him.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 10:07:17 AM »
Every time I read the first words of this thread, I think senorcorazon is asking someone to jack a pesky drug dealer for him.

FINALLY, somebody heard me loud and clear. Perhaps I should have asked for a Michael, though.

gravy boat

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 10:12:20 AM »
speaking of kids these days --

oh i kid. what really happened was i screamed "MONEY!" and yanked it, licked it clean and then ran down the street skipping.

I'm still laughing at this part.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »
(sings) And while we're on the subject, KIDS!
(stops singing)

I was given the opportunity to accompany a certain Best Show trouble-maker to the Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards.  They should call it the Misguided Kids Choice Awards.  That generation needs more Peteys and less Jonas Brothers.

"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Bozarth

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 09:41:43 AM »
I loved the version where Tom sang "Kids These Days" after some teenagers shouted "Welcome to the Apocalypse!" at him and hung up.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 11:26:41 AM »
I was given the opportunity to accompany a certain Best Show trouble-maker to the Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards.  They should call it the Misguided Kids Choice Awards.  That generation needs more Peteys and less Jonas Brothers.

How many screaming fans did you have to keep away from the Nate?
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 04:33:00 AM »
I was ordered to stand down as long as it was just girls, though when we were walking in, a middle-aged guy went by in a car and yelled "Nate!!!" from his window and we still don't know who he was.  Got a good look at his face and everything, and neither of us recognized him at all.  That had me worried.  That, and the fact that the whole event was catered by Burger King.  I guess the whole idea of kids eating healthy is chucked out the window.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.