Author Topic: Save The Taco Trucks Malarky  (Read 3187 times)

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Save The Taco Trucks Malarky
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 11:14:20 PM »
The French Canadian guy I work with says "Tackos."  It makes me laugh every time.

Relevant fun starts at 00:42.

[youtube]TR3QHoqfhX8[/youtube]
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

emma

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 11:17:29 PM »
The French Canadian guy I work with says "Tackos."  It makes me laugh every time.

Yes!
I had a cranky Montreal-bred co-worker for a while. He wasn't very nice/fun to talk to, but I would engage him in long conversations just to hear him say things like "tackos." Usually not that word specifically, but it did come up.

(The other great thing about that guy was that he taught me more French than I learned in four years of immersion through elementary/middle school. Whenever he stubbed his toe or miscounted change or whatever he would just let out a string of French Canadian swear words, which, as we all know, are way better than English ones. And then if I ever giggled he would roll his eyes and sigh and be like "bien, crisse moi patience, luh." It was awesome. Also I am sorry I keep telling long useless stories in threads that would be perfectly well off without them!)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »

Yes!
I had a cranky Montreal-bred co-worker for a while. He wasn't very nice/fun to talk to, but I would engage him in long conversations just to hear him say things like "tackos." Usually not that word specifically, but it did come up.

(The other great thing about that guy was that he taught me more French than I learned in four years of immersion through elementary/middle school. Whenever he stubbed his toe or miscounted change or whatever he would just let out a string of French Canadian swear words, which, as we all know, are way better than English ones. And then if I ever giggled he would roll his eyes and sigh and be like "bien, crisse moi patience, luh." It was awesome. Also I am sorry I keep telling long useless stories in threads that would be perfectly well off without them!)

It's all good, emma!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!