Author Topic: New Zealand  (Read 2672 times)

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
New Zealand
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:24:14 PM »
I've been listening to all of the Flying Nun bands lately, especially Tall Dwarfs, and now I really want to go to New Zealand.  Who has been there?

Auckland seems like such a great place.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

Sarah

Re: New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 11:25:21 PM »
I lived there for a year, but I was only five.

A.M. Thomas

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:05:37 AM »
I lived there for a year, but I was only five.

AWESOME.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

moonshake

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 08:30:09 AM »
Hell, I remember stuff like that happening in England when I was twelve.  Maybe not so many sheep, but my father would still have to inch his way forward to get through whatever flock was blocking the road.  Even better were the herds of horses--and occasionally cows--that would sometimes gallop past our house and through town after having been spooked by something on the common up the road. 

But I digress. 

TremblingEagle

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 11:13:18 AM »
Hell, I remember stuff like that happening in England when I was twelve.  Maybe not so many sheep, but my father would still have to inch his way forward to get through whatever flock was blocking the road.  Even better were the herds of horses--and occasionally cows--that would sometimes gallop past our house and through town after having been spooked by something on the common up the road. 

But I digress. 

I still amazes me that one little island nation was able to control so much of worlds resources and have such a great historical impact.

The Unfunny Truth about Scientology
http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

chrisfoll577

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 03:55:36 PM »

But I digress. 

I still amazes me that one little island nation was able to control so much of worlds resources and have such a great historical impact.

i believe that's due to the english's delicate mix of bloodthirsty brutality and civilized refinement.

kiwis on the other hand act all tough at first, but really have hearts of gold... behold the haka:

[youtube]9Zvs4T4RU30[/youtube]