Author Topic: New Regime  (Read 11733 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: New Regime
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 09:47:09 AM »
I was away from home, so I could not stream the show, but my brother sent me a text message just to tell me that Tom was on a rampage and that he had "canceled all Super Callers."  Say it ain't so!

No more supercallers? I don't care.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 09:47:48 AM »
it would be fitting if bob spleen turned out to be an old school mutant like tommert.

emma

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 09:49:40 AM »

Dave, you will always be a Super Caller. Even if you're not, you know, a supercaller. Plus, think about it--for about ten seconds you were a part of a club that Spike was also a member of. Enjoy your new freedom.

Sarah

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 09:58:07 AM »
There's no way Bob Spleen is tommert.  Or vice versa.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 10:00:55 AM »

Dave, you will always be a Super Caller. Even if you're not, you know, a supercaller. Plus, think about it--for about ten seconds you were a part of a club that Spike was also a member of. Enjoy your new freedom.

I am taking the following delusional stance; Tom had to clear out the SuperCaller's lounge and executive washroom to make way for the new Hall of Champions, of which I WILL be a member.

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 10:54:58 AM »
I, for one, believe that change is a good thing and a natural part of The Best Show. But W's and L's frighten me. Go back and listen to the last couple of shows before W's and L's were banished. It was like living in Myanmar.

But maybe reinstating W's and L's is the right thing, like putting the whole show on notice? Maybe W's and L's, if used intermittently and in moderation, can be a positive catalyst for change?

Can't wait to get into last night's archive...   

God Stewart

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »

This made me laugh for a long time, DFK.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 11:39:11 AM »
I've kinda got a lot going on this week and now I'm terrified that listening to last night's show will send me in a tailspin and turn my world upside down.

Alvaro from GM

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 11:42:35 AM »
I think its funny, cause I've been listening for a while on the podcast and am going through the archives while at work.  Last weeks show was one of my favorites by far and convinced me to sign up for the message board and to listen live to this weeks show only to have everything change...   but you know what?

This show was fantastic too!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 12:09:51 PM »
I will say this and try to let it go.

Even though I know the designation was hung on me arbitrarily, it was one of the most fun things in my life in a long time. I have the poster framed and mounted in my office; it never fails to provoke a question or laugh.

Just as it was awarded arbitrarily, it was taken in the same way, a result I thought would come much earlier (I even commented on air one night about worrying when Lucy/Tom would pull the ball out from in front of me,) but now that it's happened, I gotta admit, my mood is dark. I will get over it, but more days like this I do not want to go through.

Many people here sure have been kind about it, though, so that's a start back. Now me and Andre 3000 are going to go have dinner.

pigasus

• Policemans heel
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 12:13:12 PM »
REINSTATE DAVE FROM KNOXVILLE.
...Gorcey?

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »
Go back and listen to the last couple of shows before W's and L's were banished. It was like living in Myanmar.
Really?

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 12:52:43 PM »
I'm just happy to listen to the show and call and talk to Tom most weeks...

I'm a little sad about losing the title, but it would have been worse if I had lost it during a GOMP or if I'd heard Tom get disgusted with one of my calls. Then I'd really be feeling all:

from the land of pleasant living

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »

It was like living in Myanmar.

hahah. BEST SHOW FOR LIFE!

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 02:28:22 PM »
Go back and listen to the last couple of shows before W's and L's were banished. It was like living in Myanmar.
Really?

Not that I've listened to those shows recently, but I remember being sure that Tom was going to pull the plug on the whole show some nights. An "L" would be so severe--in Tom's mind, anyway--that it just began to dominate the show in, what seemed to me --I was a new listener at the time--to be a really unproductive way. 

I just said Myanmar to be topical.