Author Topic: New Regime  (Read 11732 times)

John Junk 2.0

Re: New Regime
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »
You did it again.

You did it again.

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »
I was just wondering where you were, swissmiss.

Thanks Sarah, I've been there in spirit every show I've missed.

MOS - The brief explanation is that my computer died and I'm currently using a friend's generously loaned Wii to connect to the web. It's just limited enough that I can't stream or listen to archive. I actually just got some good news about borrowing another generous friends laptop, so hopefully I can catch up a bit.

xo

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 08:11:43 PM »
Well, I managed to join last night's broadcast about half way in, then later that night, I listened on the Archives. 

I nearly cried when John Lithgow forced Harry the Sasquatch to flee into the woods at the end of Harry and the Hendersons. 

I DID cry when Tom forced the ABBA Box to flee the WFMU station.  Tom ... ABBA Box ... I'm nothing special ... In fact, I'm a bit of a bore ...

"http://www.youtube.com/v/WauFkb4jmCI&hl=en">
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

namethebats

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
Tom's use of the ABBA box converted me to the band's charms. I'd previously loathed them, but now I love 'em.

ABBA: Now I get it!

same here

Here also, but now I'm disappointed when I hear Abba in other places and it isn't followed by the a Best Show theme.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 10:11:02 PM »
. Now me and Andre 3000 are going to go have dinner.

really?
can you get him to call the best show?

It's just a reference to an earlier (bad) on air joke.

My favorite uncle was named Paul. My favorite Beatle is named Paul. My favorite apostle was named Paul. My favorite presidential candidate? Not so much.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 10:28:48 PM »
Swiss-

the wfmu iPhone streams and archives might work on the wii.  Try iphone.wfmu.org.

emma

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 10:40:13 PM »
. Now me and Andre 3000 are going to go have dinner.

really?
can you get him to call the best show?

It's just a reference to an earlier (bad) on air joke.

Oh come now Dave. That was probably one of my favourite calls about anything ever. For serious! I went around for like a week after just going "...and then he was like, "my dinner with ANDRE 3000! ISN'T THAT AMAZING?" to anyone who would listen.
People thought it was funny! I was apparently unable to get over it! 10/10.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2008, 10:42:26 PM »
Kick the Bobo, I love the 5/13 book.  You have no idea how much I admire your creations.  And I agree with the statement in the title.

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »
Kick the Bobo, I love the 5/13 book.  You have no idea how much I admire your creations.  And I agree with the statement in the title.

Seconded! Brilliant job. Was another boxed set, maybe Aerosmith's Pandoras Box, behind 5/13?

Ignore Function

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2008, 12:19:29 AM »

For the record, I was responding to Tom asking everyone how we were doing, not being done with the chat forever.  this chat insert is terrifying. I may either sue Dorvid or print a T-shirt from it. :o

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 07:45:57 AM »
Usually I start listening to the most recent archive a few days after it airs and then savor it in bits and pieces throughout the week, anticipating the next triumphant return. Tonight I couldn't help listening to the whole thing all at once, and now it just feels like I'm waiting for the results of a herpes test. I hate the new regime already!

I do have faith that Tom has a master plan, he's always had one so far. I know that soon I'll no longer have to imagine DFK and Erica going through their weeks with a pall over them, each bearing a new vacancy in their souls that nobody else will ever understand. I can see a day ahead when the thought of Spike the Supercaller will only be a distant memory, and we will all be supping at the honey pot once again. The third act MUST come, I know, but this second act tension has already changed the entire flavor of my week. I think I just didn't know how good we had it!

If it helps any Tom, I'm truly repentant for not doing what I could to prevent this happening, however little. Lesson learned? It's too late, isn't it?

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2008, 09:39:56 AM »
The Gospel according to Regular Joe:

I do have faith that Tom has a master plan, he's always had one so far... If it helps any Tom, I'm truly repentant for not doing what I could to prevent this happening, however little. Lesson learned? It's too late, isn't it?

Face it, Tom is your God.
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2008, 05:29:55 PM »
Eh, demi.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2008, 06:05:27 PM »
For the record, I was responding to Tom asking everyone how we were doing, not being done with the chat forever.  this chat insert is terrifying. I may either sue Dorvid or print a T-shirt from it. :o

Yeah, it probably was a bit sketchy for me to take the screenshot without telling anyone, but it felt like an historic moment. 
It was a one-time thing.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2008, 07:40:46 PM »

Yeah, it probably was a bit sketchy for me to take the screenshot without telling anyone, but it felt like an historic moment. 
It was a one-time thing.

It would've been a bit more powerful if it had included Tom signing out.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.