Author Topic: Prima Comunione  (Read 2009 times)

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Prima Comunione
« on: May 19, 2008, 04:49:19 AM »
My daughter's first communion.

http://vimeo.com/1034356

Sarah

Re: Prima Comunione
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:20:09 AM »
So why was she so annoyed at the end?

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:33:05 AM »
Her brother Benjamin was filming her.  You'll notice that he does win he over at the very end  (he asked her to "do that movie star thing you do").

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:36:29 AM »
Yes, that was very cute.  I thought she might just have been worn out from the big day.  You know, postnuptial letdown.

It's a lovely video, Rainer, even though, as I said in FOTchan, the First Communion ritual gives me the willies.

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »
Yes, agreed.  Major willies for me, too.

Not one to flout the rules, which forbade photography during the mass proper, but I was sorely tempted to pull out my Flip cam and capture the overzealous parent who stood at the foot of the altar videoing in Stanley Brakhage style.

I'm terrified to contribute to FOTchan.  It feels like a shell game played in a dark alley.  Keep your eye on the card!  [whack on the back of the skull]   

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
Awww, that was sweet. I like the way you filmed it also. Very tasteful. You're daughter is beautiful. :)

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 02:06:53 PM »
Thanks, Beth.  Sweet of you to say.

My wife has asked me to make this video private ... if anyone else wants to see it, create a Video account and PM the email address you used.  It's relatively painless, as far as sign-ups go.

Sarah

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 07:48:19 PM »
Your daughter also resembles you quite a lot.  Which is odd, because she is indeed very pretty.  Although, who knows, maybe you would be, too, in a little white dress and a veil.