Author Topic: I need to find a home for my two cats.  (Read 1288 times)

snailed

• Policemans heel
I need to find a home for my two cats.
« on: September 20, 2011, 06:08:31 AM »
Hey guys.  I know I don't post often, but I'm about as big of a best show fan as anything else.  I call in occasionally, as Steve from Long Island (I think I'm even in one variation of the opening theme).  So, when I thought where to post this besides my Facebook, I thought FOTs would be the closest to a general group of people that I'd trust with something so sensitive.  I am going to repost most of this from my facebook:

This is probably the toughest thing I have ever had to do, but I have to give up my two cats, Meiko and Linus, as I am moving with my brother from to California from Brooklyn (that's where I've been in horrible living situations over the past five months... just goes to show you that I should have stayed Steve From Long Island). I would love to make an arrangement in which you could care for one or both of them - both would be ideal. I could pay you (probably not too much, but enough to help pay for food and litter) and I can come back for them in a year or so when I am in a more stable position. But if you want to give them a permanent home and that is the only option, I am certainly not in the position to turn that down.  I am going to be hurtling across the country in approximately two weeks, so I will make arrangements to come bring them to you on our trip. Here are some details on the cats:

MEIKO!

http://i53.tinypic.com/2hq4fw2.jpg <--- Here is a picture of Meiko. He is around 12 years old and extremely sensitive. I'm worried about him the most. He needs a comfortable place and lots of love. He is a little scared of strangers, but he does eventually warm up to those who are kind to him and is just about the sweetest cat in the world when he doesn't feel in danger. These past few months, in a hectic living situation, have not been good for him. At this point he has some scabs from a skin irritation, so could probably use a vet visit. I would be willing to help pay for any of the costs. He's neutered. And he is declawed, unfortunately, but is used to putting up with cats with claws (see: Linus).  Also, I should say Meiko is fairly large and talks quite a bit; he'll almost always respond to his name with a "mawwww". I believe he's part Maine Coon.  Once Meiko gets comfy around you, there's no turning back.  I don't think I've ever seen a cat so perceptive and sensitive and loving.  He's too smart for his own good, and gets depressed when things are in chaos as they are now.  I feel terrible about that, and he deserves a better place. 

LINUS!

http://i55.tinypic.com/16gl7cj.jpg <---- Here is a picture of Linus. He is 7 years old and extremely friendly and adaptable. Despite the crazy living conditions I've been in with my brother over the past few months, he's managed just fine. You can basically do anything to him (as shown by the picture). A very strange thing: he loves to be spanked gently on the butt. We call him the S&M cat. But he absolutely goes nuts for it and will start purring up a storm. He's in good health. Neutered. His tricks: He does this adorable little head tilt thing if you call his name and will jump if you put two fingers above his head. Also, he likes singing Gary Glitter's Rock-n-Roll (Part 2).

Seriously, this is the hardest and worst thing I've ever had to do. These cats have been with me for a long time and are family. But economic and living situations have forced me into this, and I have no choice. I'd prefer to give these cats away for a period of time, a year or so, and come back to claim them when I'm more stable. But we could make it permanent if you are able to - I'm not in the position to refuse anything. Just absolutely heartbreaking.  Again, you don't have to be in NYC to contact me about this. I will drive out to you and plan my cross-country trip around dropping them off with you. I'd prefer to give them to someone on here than a complete stranger so I am willing to drive however long it takes out of the way to make sure they have a safe and comfy home. Thanks and sorry for such a long post! Pass it on.

You can message me on here or email me:  steveflato (at) gmail.com - thanks!

You can also message me on twitter @snailed or @datadogmusic

snailed

• Policemans heel
Re: I need to find a home for my two cats.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »
So - I already received word today from someone willing to hold onto them for a while.  I was just about freaking out when I posted this.  Thanks for looking, anyway - sorry for the thread! 

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
Re: I need to find a home for my two cats.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
Glad that worked out.  Linus looks very brainy.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau