Author Topic: Inglorious Bastards  (Read 40409 times)

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Inglorious Bastards
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2008, 11:33:57 PM »
maybe tarantino just needs a personal shake-up in his life to get him on a new creative track. 

Let's hope, for QT's sake, that he's locking his doors and windows at night, and arming his security system. And maybe even having someone else open his mail for him - I think Raad_Man's got his number.
"Dad gets mad."

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2008, 11:53:50 PM »
i'd rather them spend their money on that than some retarded piece of shit with tim allen.

I really hope you aren't taking a swipe at Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause.

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2008, 05:42:20 AM »
brad pitt just signed on to star!!! fuck yeah, that kicks ass. 

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2008, 10:07:57 PM »
Spears as Tarantino's latest reform project is kinda obvious and not that exciting, but whatever. My real problem with the news is why remake Faster Pussycat Kill Kill at all? What could Tarantino do to possibly improve it? Is replacing the hammy dialogue with speeches about the best malt shop in LA really going to do it? Most of the charm of the original is Meyer's unique visual style, and we all know Tarantino as a visual filmmaker ranks somewhere around Kevin Smith level.

For the record, I wouldn't exactly call myself a Tarantino hater. I LOVE Jackie Brown. I don't think Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction have aged well at all (the last time I saw Pulp Fiction I was embarrassed) but I thought Kill Bill had fun moments.

I agree with you about it not being that exciting but I don't think you can say it's "obvious", especially since she's not really an actress (and no, Crossroads doesn't count).  

I wasn't saying the choice of Spears was obvious as much as his attempting to "save" a fallen star by casting him/her in one of his movies ala Travolta in Pulp Fiction, Grier in Jackie Brown, Carradine in Kill Bill. It's a pattern with him and his choice of Britney Spears for the role fits the pattern. That's all I was saying.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2008, 10:09:40 PM »
Most of the charm of the original is Meyer's unique visual style, and we all know Tarantino as a visual filmmaker ranks somewhere around Kevin Smith level.

I really hope you were kidding about this.  QT isn't my favorite by any means, but comparing him to Kevin Smith is really throwing him under the bus.  Before he started making exploitation movie tributes, he had a lot of style, I thought.

Maybe being a little bit of a jerk about it, but not really kidding. I'd stand by the general sentiment, that his movies aren't very visually exciting.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »
Most of the charm of the original is Meyer's unique visual style, and we all know Tarantino as a visual filmmaker ranks somewhere around Kevin Smith level.

I really hope you were kidding about this.  QT isn't my favorite by any means, but comparing him to Kevin Smith is really throwing him under the bus.  Before he started making exploitation movie tributes, he had a lot of style, I thought.

Maybe being a little bit of a jerk about it, but not really kidding. I'd stand by the general sentiment, that his movies aren't very visually exciting.

what's visually exciting to you then?

I honestly want to know because your statement confuses me.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »
what's visually exciting to you then?

I honestly want to know because your statement confuses me.

There Will Be Blood. The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford. No Country for Old Men (just about everything by the Coens, actually). I like plenty of older stuff too, but I figured you were looking for things chronologically closer to QT's output.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2008, 11:50:37 PM »

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2008, 12:11:58 AM »
Oh dear Jesus.

Now I officially can't get my mind around this any further. But I WILL see it.

Spoony

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2008, 01:12:10 AM »
QT wasn't even innovative out of the gate. Reservoir Dogs was just a re-make of some Japanease play. His peak was Pulp Fiction.

Just my opinion, mind you. I would love to see him top it. By "top it", I mean "do better". Not go Over-The-Top. I don't think he gets that distinction.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2008, 02:21:42 AM »
Oh dear Jesus.

Ditto on that first part. Plus: Samm Levine just got cast. So we've got:

Brad Pitt
Mike Myers
BJ Novak
Simon Pegg
Eli Roth
Samm Levine

???

todd

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2008, 03:23:56 AM »
Oh dear Jesus.

Brad Pitt
Mike Myers
BJ Novak
Simon Pegg
Eli Roth
Samm Levine

???

Hahahaha, what the fuck is this!?

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2008, 10:22:50 PM »
Oh dear Jesus.

Brad Pitt
Mike Myers
BJ Novak
Simon Pegg
Eli Roth
Samm Levine

???

Hahahaha, what the fuck is this!?

it's the equivalent of the soups FOTs like to make.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »
Pegg apparently dropped out due to a scheduling conflict.  QT will replace him with Jeff Fahey.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2008, 03:31:15 PM »
Were there justice in the world his career would have cratered after he wrote 'True Romance'.  That is some embarassingly bad writing there.  As is he tapped into the comic book store loser demographic which history has shown us has substantial disposable income.