Author Topic: Anybody listening to the Comedy and Everything Else podcast?  (Read 16450 times)

Trembling Eagle

Re: Anybody listening to the Comedy and Everything Else podcast?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
Odd, I don't find the sound to be that bad.  Maybe you guys need to get a new hutPod.

That's what I'm thinking
sounds fine to me...
 ???

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 03:16:43 PM »
I haven't actually listened to one since the Norm episode. I'm with Jouster though. I thought it had lots of promise, but the audio is bad to awful, and the Norm episode while good (maybe great?) in parts, really hurt because of the lack of focus and production stuff. Plus Norm almost didn't even seem to want to be there at all.

The new I Love Movies really burnt me out on Glass and Dore I think too, and yes they were way too high. Although Doug is actually funnier when he's really high I think, so maybe it's just Jimmy and Todd.

I wonder why he's so set on doing it live.

Who, Doug? It's a good venue for that, most of his eps are pretty tight ships, he keeps things on point etc. I dunno. Good to hear an actual audience laugh at jokes too?

personally I like radio to be conversational and less performance.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 03:40:59 PM »
I'm with Jouster. I unsubscribed somewhere around the fifth episode.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »
It's good until they get all serious. Not that I can't handle a nice debate every once in a while, but they take on issues that are pretty obvious and easy.

I don't know, I think that beating children is a pretty good idea.  And I love Sinbad.

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »
I still listen to it.  It's not great.  But it's enjoyable.  It's basically just nice.  and sometimes I laugh.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 04:27:12 PM »
Odd, I don't find the sound to be that bad.  Maybe you guys need to get a new hutPod.

That's what I'm thinking
sounds fine to me...
 ???

Maybe I was just primed to hear the crummy production, and wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. I'm very impressionable.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »
I still listen to it.  It's not great.  But it's enjoyable.  It's basically just nice.  and sometimes I laugh.

You guys listening to Mike Schmidts new podcast?

Dan B

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 04:36:54 PM »

I'm only one guy, but no.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 04:41:59 PM »

I'm only one guy, but no.

directing it at u and everybody else
I didn't think u were part of some hive mind

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 04:51:37 PM »

Yeah, I enjoy it most of the time.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 05:11:19 PM »
Where do you guys find the time to listen to all these podcasts, music and watch all the good TV? I have enough on my hands with music and I'm not even a busy person.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 05:23:37 PM »
Where do you guys find the time to listen to all these podcasts, music and watch all the good TV? I have enough on my hands with music and I'm not even a busy person.

I have a really hard time keeping up, I must say. I really ought to unsubscribe to a couple of the 30+ ones I subscribe to. I have a huge backlog of stuff, and for a control freak like me that's unbearable. That's one of the reasons Comedy and Everything Else had to go - it's casually enjoyable, but not enough substance. I got tired of Guys With Feelings too, a few months back. When you invest in something, eventually it really should start giving something back. I'm currently on the fence with Stephen Fry's podcast, Battleship Pretension, and a couple others.

I like Mike Schmidt's podcast though. I like how his mind works, and I'm fascinated by his personality. And I have a friend who's not a comic, but otherwise is a deadringer for Mike when it comes to behaviour and attitude towards the world.

todd

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 05:45:30 PM »
I love Mike Schmidt and think he's very funny, but I can't listen to his podcast. One guy just talking to himself is really weird for me to listen to.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 05:54:26 PM »
A lot of the podcasts I subscribe to never update so it's no trouble.  (Stephen Fry, for instance.)

I listen to podcasts, The Best Show archives, and audiobooks when I'm doing chores or commuting.  Dog walking, cleaning the house, whatnot.  I'm basically listening to music or spoken word content at all times when I'm alone or working.  I have the least trouble keeping up with this stuff, because it so easily fills gaps.

I have a big backlog of everything else-- RSS feeds, TV shows, movies, books, music.  Most kinds of music I can listen to while doing other stuff-- other kinds of music require more attention.  Unfortunately it's books and movies that tend to get procrastinated the most, which makes me really tempted to take some drastic cutting back steps.

The only TV shows I watch are either downloaded, on DVD, or increasingly on Hulu.  On the one hand, it's good in that I don't channel surf.  But it's bad because a backlog starts to develop of them-- in ye olden times if you missed a show, you just missed it.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 06:13:31 PM »
I have the kind of job where I can just sit at my desk with headphones on posting on message boards all day.