Author Topic: How To Pick Up Women, Douche-Style  (Read 3906 times)

Forrest

How To Pick Up Women, Douche-Style
« on: June 30, 2008, 11:52:07 AM »
http://www.holytaco.com/2008/06/27/the-douchiest-phone-message-in-history/

This is great. There's nothing women love more that a guy with confidence.

Laurie

Re: How To Pick Up Women, Douche-Style
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 12:02:15 PM »
http://www.holytaco.com/2008/06/27/the-douchiest-phone-message-in-history/

This is great. There's nothing women love more that a guy with confidence.

You're late to the party.

Check out Jezebel's coverage. Also, his website is the second most poorly designed website I've seen this month.

Forrest

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 12:04:58 PM »
Okay, I was way late on that, but I just found this video called Lazy Sunday that's gonna blow your mind.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 05:05:48 PM »
I can't listen to stuff like this.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 05:11:59 PM »
What I really don't understand is why Olga gave the guy her business card.  I think that makes her a douche as well.

NB:  First time I have ever used the word "douche" figuratively.  The other day, I used "dude" for the first time.  My standards are slipping.

Forrest

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 06:23:49 PM »
I think a douche is the worst thing a guy can be called. Almost the male equivalent of the c-word.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 07:17:50 PM »
I think a douche is the worst thing a guy can be called. Almost the male equivalent of the c-word.

It's a lot more common to hear someone be called a douche, while I almost never hear the c-word. Even on TV using douche has become a regular thing and the c-word is pretty much forbidden, except maybe pay cable.

Forrest

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 08:30:48 PM »
That is a good point. The c-word is so vile-sounding that I have to actually refer to it as the c-word. Still, I would rather be an asshole or a dickhead instead of a douche any day.

Sarah

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »
I've always thought "douche" fairly mild and am surprised to hear you think it so offensive, Forrest.  Do you suppose it's an unconscious reaction to the fact that the douche is used for the cleansing of ladies' nether regions?  If so, I call (unintentional) sexism.

As for "cunt," I used to hate it and still dislike it when Americans use it, because they tend to do so truly hatefully.  But Brits use it so casually, it takes on an entirely different aura, and the Canadian (possibly only Campobellan, for all I know) "cunthead," used for men and women, always makes me laugh.  Besides, "cunt" is a fine Anglo-Saxon word; I wish it could be rehabilitated in the US of A.

Forrest

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
Oh, Sarah. Me a sexist? Hardly. It has nothing to do with the nether-region connotation. The reason I think douche is the worst thing a guy can be called is because it refers to a very specific type of guy. The hair-gelled, SEXIST, cocky, popped-collar scumbags that can only be described with one word. At least "asshole" is more of a catchall that refers to jerks of all stripes.

Sarah

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 08:55:59 PM »
I didn't think you were sexist, Forrest.  I wondered if extreme negative connotations had accreted to the word because of its origins, and you were responding to the connotations, not their source.  Now I understand that you hate the word because it is used to insult a particularly loathsome type.  All is clear, finally.  Thank god.

Forrest

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 09:17:15 PM »
Whew. Maybe now you Femi-nazis will lay off and let me get back to seducing young flesh.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 09:25:50 PM »
Oh, Sarah. Me a sexist? Hardly. It has nothing to do with the nether-region connotation. The reason I think douche is the worst thing a guy can be called is because it refers to a very specific type of guy. The hair-gelled, SEXIST, cocky, popped-collar scumbags that can only be described with one word. At least "asshole" is more of a catchall that refers to jerks of all stripes.

The other phrase that I here paired with douche is "date-rapey".

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 11:23:11 PM »
Sometimes "date-rapey" is just the only word that will do.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 11:36:50 PM »
the funniest message board exchange I ever read (until I saw the joke ran into the ground) went like this:

>>Touche.

> You meant, touché.

Douché.