Author Topic: Converse and Cobain Loyalists, Behold!  (Read 7768 times)

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Converse and Cobain Loyalists, Behold!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »
I don't get the love for Converse anymore. They've been owned by Nike for a few years now (which I figured would kill the coolness factor for a lot of fans) and the shoes are overpriced.

Nike's, uh, Q-rating, is hecka higher than Converse these days. People shell out hundreds, even thousands, of dollars for limited edition Nike collabs.

I meant that a lot of people I've known who would wear Chuck Taylors in the past are the same people who would scoff at someone wearing Nikes. Plus the people who pay $40 for Converse shoes aren't the same sneakerheads that seek out the latest Jordans.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 10:51:48 AM »
hecka?
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Laurie

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »
I don't get the love for Converse anymore. They've been owned by Nike for a few years now (which I figured would kill the coolness factor for a lot of fans) and the shoes are overpriced.

Nike's, uh, Q-rating, is hecka higher than Converse these days. People shell out hundreds, even thousands, of dollars for limited edition Nike collabs.

I meant that a lot of people I've known who would wear Chuck Taylors in the past are the same people who would scoff at someone wearing Nikes. Plus the people who pay $40 for Converse shoes aren't the same sneakerheads that seek out the latest Jordans.

My brother used to be really into Converse shoes during his mohawk days. Now he loves his Bapestas, his Nike Dunks, all that shit. And his favorite band is Gorilla Biscuits. Go figure.

The last show I went to was the Dwarves, and there were Nikes all over the place. I'm not saying that's a good thing. It's just an observation.

hecka?

Don't hate.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 11:45:35 AM »
I'm selling my own Limited Edition Nike.

I put on a pair of Nike's, walk through old cat litter, and mail them to you house.

And best of all, you know that they were worn my me!

C

Do you have a mustache edition?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.