Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824177 times)

thewhiteboomboom

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10575 on: November 10, 2013, 01:35:53 PM »
What was the Carnac references? Who was that cackling in the background, it sounded like Terre T.

Carnac the Magnificent was a character Johnny Carson used to play on The Tonight Show.  He'd wear a big and was a psychic, predicting the contents of sealed envelopes.

Example:
<he holds envelope up to his forhead>Carnac-"Follow the yellow brick road."
<opens up envelope and reads paper inside> What are good directions to a urologist's office?

The laugh was coming from Amedeo.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10576 on: November 10, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »
Also notable for his extra- extra- extraordinarily hammy delivery.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10577 on: November 10, 2013, 08:02:32 PM »

Example:
<opens up envelope and reads paper inside> What are good directions to a urologist's office?

I'm pretty sure in that instance the laugh was coming from Ed McMahon. The laugh. As in, the one laugh. Singular. Get it? Get it?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10578 on: November 11, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »
What was the Carnac references? Who was that cackling in the background, it sounded like Terre T.

Carnac the Magnificent was a character Johnny Carson used to play on The Tonight Show.  He'd wear a big and was a psychic, predicting the contents of sealed envelopes.

Example:

Oh, ok ive seen clips of that before I just didn't know that was his name.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10579 on: November 11, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
Who was that cackling in the background, it sounded like Terre T.

There was someone in the background who  I'm pretty sure isn't normally there and was close to a microphone that had a terrible laugh. Kept bugging me the whole show.

At first I found it annoying, but eventually I decided that I was happy to hear somebody who was enjoying the show so much.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10580 on: November 11, 2013, 08:20:21 PM »
uh oh

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #10581 on: November 11, 2013, 08:53:35 PM »

There was someone in the background who  I'm pretty sure isn't normally there and was close to a microphone that had a terrible laugh. Kept bugging me the whole show.

At first I found it annoying, but eventually I decided that I was happy to hear somebody who was enjoying the show so much.

DJTT was not "cackling."  They were well-placed and appropriate howls of laughter.  These howls have been heard throughout the show's run when she is in the studio during a show (typically during marathon shows and a couple of other times throughout the year, especially when there is an in-studio guest of interest).  They will be missed. 
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10582 on: November 12, 2013, 02:54:16 AM »
That was not DJ Terre T in studio last week.

Tom.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10583 on: November 12, 2013, 04:05:49 PM »

DJTT was not "cackling."  They were well-placed and appropriate howls of laughter.  These howls have been heard throughout the show's run when she is in the studio during a show (typically during marathon shows and a couple of other times throughout the year, especially when there is an in-studio guest of interest).  They will be missed.

Omar - yet again - speaks the truth. Thanks.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

thewhiteboomboom

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10584 on: November 12, 2013, 11:01:23 PM »
Yeah, again since people didn't see it in my other post, the laughter was coming from Amedeo.

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10585 on: November 13, 2013, 07:24:03 AM »
Best:
  • Tom syncing the conclusion of segments with the end of the bed music.
  • Andy Kindler.
  • Tom arranging for a caller's mother to fight AP Mike.
  • Stephen in Chicago's "bar napkin" Cannonball Run 2014 casting.
  • Jon Solomon going 4/4 on old topics.

Worst:
  • Roy Orbison reminding us "It's over!"

VealCutlet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10586 on: November 13, 2013, 02:19:33 PM »
Kindler's appearances have been great, and Tom is such a good foil for him.

Within the context of the sound collage, Tom's incredible ear for music was on display - his mimicry of the Coheed and Cambria caller was spot-on.
That's just the tip of the ice cube.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #10587 on: November 13, 2013, 03:10:29 PM »

Omar - yet again - speaks the truth. Thanks.

I was obviously mistaken in identifying the female laughter howls as belonging to DJTT, but I stand by my assessment of both these specifics howls and the very similar sounding DJTT howls that have been broadcast over the years. Incessant cackling/giggling in the background can certainly be annoying, but genuine bursts are always welcome to my ears.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10588 on: November 13, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »
I LOVE hearing people laughing in the background of TBS....when I first started listening I couldn't get over the conversations with Mike where you can't really hear him in the distance, don't know why

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10589 on: November 13, 2013, 04:53:59 PM »
Hey, remember when Tom tried to appease Frangry after mutant FOT's trolled her?  Told her he would have her on the show?  Only a few weeks left...

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :-*
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...