Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824001 times)

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10680 on: December 05, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »
I haven't listened to the whole show yet but i saw the pictures of Klausners big 80's hair on twitter.

lastplaneout

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10681 on: December 09, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »
The Antonio's story had me somewhere between laughing and crying. I went to UMass as an undergrad, and Antonio's was a regular hangout of mine. It's the kind of place that's built for a college town, pizza by the slice in about 30 different varieties at any given time, and staffed by a combination of white-baseball-capped frat guys and skeezy, drug-addled hippies (and some disturbing mixtures of the two). They used to hire a bouncer for Friday and Saturday nights who would funnel the bar crowd into their "one plain slice" express line.

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10682 on: December 09, 2013, 09:56:29 AM »
Best:
  • The owner of the Laugh Factory trying to hire hit men to end Jon Lovitz' lifetime deal.
  • KV, then Stairway.
  • Michael K cutting off Tom to apologize for always cutting off Tom.
  • The entire Dump Cake infomercial in the collage. "Just dump, and bake."

Worst:
  • Not having more time to talk to Todd Barry.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10683 on: December 09, 2013, 11:41:39 AM »
As a fellow owner I loved the Bose QC-15s talk. They really are the best.

And the "courtesy card" that comes with them is really, really weird. I was joking around with my wife about that a few weeks ago in much the same way Tom was. SO hearing that come up made me smile no end.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10684 on: December 09, 2013, 04:30:41 PM »
I only recently just tried a pair of those Bose headphones. When you put them on and turn on the noise-cancelling switch, the sensation on your ears is indeed REALLY WEIRD.

Ignore Function

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10685 on: December 11, 2013, 12:27:39 AM »
DVD Cooper!

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10686 on: December 11, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »
I only got to listen live at the end. The Ted/Aimee song had me tearing up while I was at the grocery store.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10687 on: December 11, 2013, 11:26:45 AM »
DVD Cooper!

Yeah, that had me laughing uncontrollably.

I'll miss JW's calls.

:(
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Nicholas Tanek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10688 on: December 11, 2013, 11:45:30 AM »
I only got to listen live at the end. The Ted/Aimee song had me tearing up while I was at the grocery store.

A couple of tears rolled down my cheeks when I heard that song. I was moved.  They did a beautiful job and I loved how they incorporated Jon in the song and they only sung "WFMU" at the end. It was so touching. That mixed in with Christmas and the end of the year... I listened to it several times today too. It was wonderful.
Read

The Coolest Way to Kill Yourself
by Nicholas Tanek
Link: http://amzn.com/B00GUSAX7G

Chipped Black Nail Polish
by Nicholas Tanek
Link: http://amzn.com/B00WUNS58O

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10689 on: December 11, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
Julie Klausner: OH MY GOD!!

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10690 on: December 11, 2013, 02:06:27 PM »
The Twelve Days of Chiku-mas (5 Cans of Coors, 8 Creepy Fun-Paxxxx, 9 Pirated Movies)

And what happened at the end of Jen Kirkman's call?  Did she use the turlet talk?
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10691 on: December 11, 2013, 02:12:31 PM »

And what happened at the end of Jen Kirkman's call?  Did she use the turlet talk?

https://twitter.com/JenKirkman/status/410607466787774464 ("If anyone is wondering - just for old time sake, I yelled "FUUCK" on the end of my call to #BestShowWFMU Sorry @scharpling")

In Jen's defense, she's been in the middle of a twitter battle with thousands of #Beliebers
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

bigoteetoe

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10692 on: December 11, 2013, 07:20:44 PM »
last night's show was so good, top-to-bottom. the 12 days of christmas song was one for the ages. The 5 coors lights (b/c Mike kept one of the sixer) was spot on.
the pudding is delicious

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10693 on: December 11, 2013, 10:15:02 PM »
Julie Klausner: OH MY GOD!!

The one during Mike's first Jello shot or when Gary announced Vance had gotten married?

TRL

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10694 on: December 12, 2013, 12:38:47 AM »
One of the sweetest moments on the show to date. Only heard half of last night's show but really like the way the show is finishing up. Can't wait for the finale and gonna have a hard time not feeling emotional about it.