Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2828819 times)

GuyPersonton

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10770 on: December 17, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
Weather Kid was a great first "weird" call. But the baseball call was when I really felt like the show I love was back.

"Get off...

...my phone."

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #10771 on: December 17, 2014, 12:36:12 PM »
When he got that baseball know-it-all to say that if you hit a grand slam after the 15th inning, it's worth 6 points... that was the high point for me.

"I spoke too soon."
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Kal_El

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10772 on: December 17, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »
I also liked this quote

"Ringo Starr gets a life time pass, but he's the guy who gets free Arby's for life and goes to Arby's everyday."

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10773 on: December 17, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
I also liked this quote

"Ringo Starr gets a life time pass, but he's the guy who gets free Arby's for life and goes to Arby's everyday."

"He's like when Felix Unger pushes it."
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10774 on: December 17, 2014, 01:44:04 PM »
When he got that baseball know-it-all to say that if you hit a grand slam after the 15th inning, it's worth 6 points... that was the high point for me.

Yes! That was fantastic-- almost had me believing that caller was a plant. Did someone from the chat really lob that idea up to Tom (I think he mentioned that) or did he pull that out of the air? I had been bumped from the chat by then.

it never ceases to amaze me that there are still people who are apparently fans but are so dense they take everything Tom says at face value, they know they're listening to a comedy show right?
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Kal_El

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10775 on: December 17, 2014, 01:49:31 PM »

Yes! That was fantastic-- almost had me believing that caller was a plant. Did someone from the chat really lob that idea up to Tom (I think he mentioned that) or did he pull that out of the air? I had been bumped from the chat by then.

it never ceases to amaze me that there are still people who are apparently fans but are so dense they take everything Tom says at face value, they know they're listening to a comedy show right?

I was listening to an archive the other day where a caller tried arguing with the way he pronounced Warren Buffet (he pronounced it the way you would pronounce the restaurant)

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #10776 on: December 17, 2014, 02:25:28 PM »
Guys, Best Show is currently the #2 podcast right behind Serial. If you haven't yet, get over there and leave it a review. Let's push it to the top.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

firewalkwithme

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10777 on: December 17, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »
Matthew's nicknames for celebrities had me rolling, "Ju-Tim", "Ha-Sty", "Chri-Mart" - HA!

I don't know if it was necessarily a poor moment, but the woman who called to sing Tom her hat song was bizarre to say the least.

Mikey

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10778 on: December 17, 2014, 03:21:43 PM »
"you could almost call it...weather"

Phantom Hugger

« Reply #10779 on: December 17, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
Does anyone know the story behind the "Jaunty Hat" singer?

That's the kind of random weirdness that I was worried would be lacking in an internet only show.

Crusherkc

« Reply #10780 on: December 17, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »
Does anyone know the story behind the "Jaunty Hat" singer?

That's the kind of random weirdness that I was worried would be lacking in an internet only show.

She has occasionally called in to sing Tom a lullaby, usually w/o introducing herself and then hanging up, leaving Tom surprised but seemingly pleased.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

josh c

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10781 on: December 17, 2014, 04:55:20 PM »
The caller who ended his own call abruptly out of embarrassment, before Tom had a chance to hang up on him, was the highlight for me. A new evolution of bad callers.

edwskrk

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10782 on: December 17, 2014, 04:58:34 PM »
I like Serial but it made me so happy to hear Tom make fun of it. It made me realize no one out there was making fun of it! I needed this!

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10783 on: December 17, 2014, 05:01:42 PM »
I like Serial but it made me so happy to hear Tom make fun of it. It made me realize no one out there was making fun of it! I needed this!

I love Tom getting things so amazingly wrong and then using that to pass judgement on it. I was half expecting him to say something about Sarah Koenig dining on elf meat.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #10784 on: December 17, 2014, 05:35:53 PM »
"I'd rather listen to my car not be able to start than listen to Pauly Shore's podcast." - Tom
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom