Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2823998 times)

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11085 on: March 12, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »
Two weeks in a row of "We like to send out a mailer"! I remember when Jon was on the Fogelnest Files, they talked about how it's their favorite line from a movie, love that it's popping up in calls now.

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11086 on: March 12, 2015, 12:47:54 PM »
The Maple Syrup Mussolini reading Ulysses.
Twice.
Because Tom told him to.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11087 on: March 12, 2015, 09:31:38 PM »
Also, my two year old son absolutely loved Tom's Sopranos car horn. As soon as I finished listening to the episode he was running around trying to get the tune and horn sound down.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

Einstein_Concubine

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11088 on: March 15, 2015, 01:29:30 PM »
I can't believe Tom didn't like Dumb and Dumber To at all. The jokes were done just about the same as any Wurster call, at least in my mind.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11089 on: March 15, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
I can't believe Tom didn't like Dumb and Dumber To at all. The jokes were done just about the same as any Wurster call, at least in my mind.

I can't believe he didn't like that old comedian he mentioned a couple of weeks ago on the show that just,  as he put it "mispronounced words." Sounds like a Wurster call to me.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11090 on: March 15, 2015, 05:42:36 PM »
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

rpm1200

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11091 on: March 17, 2015, 06:50:55 PM »
There's a neat little joke that might have gotten lost at the end of the show. Last call of the night. When Tom suggests that one of the characters try to fix Chappie, Teresa in KY says they could upgrade him with a Raspberry Pi. I thought that was pretty funny.

sonicdork

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11092 on: March 17, 2015, 07:00:05 PM »

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11093 on: March 17, 2015, 10:38:21 PM »
Since Tom sang during my call, my call is therefore a W, right?

mackro

« Reply #11094 on: March 18, 2015, 12:11:56 AM »
Since Tom sang during my call, my call is therefore a W, right?

I loved the show tune baritone take of The Killers more than The Killers -- and I kinda like The Killers!  Thank you for calling for making that happen!

mackro

« Reply #11095 on: March 18, 2015, 12:17:40 AM »
From here on out, you can just assume that I loved tonight's show.  This was such a fun variety filled show.  And sure, usually the Newbridge call is the focal point, but this one succeeded on all fronts. I love the Bowling Alley Apologies & Confessions.

I completely lost it in laughter during two moments:
- Tom inferring the creepy puppeteers as a warning to Wally... "Now *i'M* your puppet"
(My husband had to come by to make sure I was OK the first time I cracked up to make sure I didn't hurt myself or was having a seizure.)
- The caller who confessed to stealing and asked for absolution, and Tom's response: "No.  LIVE with your Shame!"

I wish I could re-download 100 times to help the show out.  This is hitting quite a high matched by the peaks of the FMU years.

Crusherkc

« Reply #11096 on: March 18, 2015, 12:26:38 AM »
From here on out, you can just assume that I loved tonight's show.  This was such a fun variety filled show.  And sure, usually the Newbridge call is the focal point, but this one succeeded on all fronts. I love the Bowling Alley Apologies & Confessions.

I completely lost it in laughter during two moments:
- Tom inferring the creepy puppeteers as a warning to Wally... "Now *i'M* your puppet"
(My husband had to come by to make sure I was OK the first time I cracked up to make sure I didn't hurt myself or was having a seizure.)
- The caller who confessed to stealing and asked for absolution, and Tom's response: "No.  LIVE with your Shame!"

I wish I could re-download 100 times to help the show out.  This is hitting quite a high matched by the peaks of the FMU years.

I'll have what he's having.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11097 on: March 18, 2015, 01:26:47 AM »
Cannot believe I had to miss the episode...when does it hit itunes? dying here!

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11098 on: March 18, 2015, 08:37:02 AM »
I hope that Bowling Alley Confessions becomes a regular (or at least a semi-regular) segment.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #11099 on: March 18, 2015, 10:35:58 AM »
I hope that Bowling Alley Confessions becomes a regular (or at least a semi-regular) segment.

I don't think we've seen that concept fully flower yet. I have high hopes.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom