Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2791512 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7755 on: December 21, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »
I took a bunch - @auntiechristina & also @terrecherry & I think @hodgman as well.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7756 on: December 21, 2011, 03:58:17 PM »
At the risk of sounding self-serving and insane, the moment when Skeevy told Wally Wackiman that he needed to "get some ass" may have been the most cathartic moment in my life. And it was cathartic because it was true.

I took this right after you said it:

I'd like to claim that I planned how Skeevy is seen and you aren't, but it just came out that way by magic.

Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7757 on: December 21, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »
I'm glad Mike survived! 
I went to sleep with this in my head: B_Buster: Seriously, I'm burning up. I think I'm gonna pull a Keith Whitley tonight.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7758 on: December 22, 2011, 10:55:01 AM »
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law!"

/Spoiler alert
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7759 on: December 22, 2011, 08:08:27 PM »
Oops.  Jesus, am I naive!  For the first time I've come seriously to believe that Larry da Perv is somebody doing shtick.  His voice in studio just seems obviously more affected than he ever did over the phone.  I don't know what's worse, the end of my illusion that a Larry really exists, or my self-reproachments for ever believing in the first place!

Next up: James is revealed as a suave, self-aware operator with a solid social network.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Kormod

« Reply #7760 on: December 22, 2011, 09:15:09 PM »
His voice in the studio was a disappointment; I'd like to think it was a stylistic choice and not just laziness. To anyone who was there on Tuesday: was the actor who plays Larry D. Pervison (Johnny from New Jersey?) in character the whole time he was there? I'm hoping there was a Daniel-Day-Lewis-esque devotion on his part not to break character, but the shaky voice work makes me think he was more interested in getting Loko with Mike than in committing himself to the demanding method acting that the LDP character requires.

dannyhatch

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7761 on: December 23, 2011, 12:14:22 AM »
Not quite on topic, but is there a problem with the podcast feed? I see the latest episode on the archive page but there's no new episode in the feed. Am I the only one having this problem, and is there a way to download the mp3 from the archive page? Thanks! I'm dying to listen to this episode.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7762 on: December 23, 2011, 04:59:38 AM »
Not quite on topic, but is there a problem with the podcast feed? I see the latest episode on the archive page but there's no new episode in the feed. Am I the only one having this problem, and is there a way to download the mp3 from the archive page? Thanks! I'm dying to listen to this episode.

Try the WFMU app, that's what I do when there is a delay getting the podcast from iTunes
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7763 on: December 23, 2011, 08:08:16 AM »
To anyone who was there on Tuesday: was the actor who plays Larry D. Pervison (Johnny from New Jersey?) in character the whole time he was there?

I'd like to know that, too.

In fact, any light anyone could shed on the LDP goings on short of revealing who he is would be appreciated.

"This little perv's got people talking, dere."
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7764 on: December 23, 2011, 09:30:43 AM »
Come on, it's been obvious for months, Larry D. Perv is voiced by da Greggulator, dere

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7765 on: December 23, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
I've narrowed the identity of Larry down to three people.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7766 on: December 23, 2011, 12:13:20 PM »
Correct!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7767 on: December 23, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »
From start to end was all the best bits. Best Best Show of the Year, no doubt. Maybe the Best JW call of the year too.

A personal highlight was Tom's accidental shout out to John Reis (he of Rocket From The Crypt/Hot Snakes/tons more bands) who is my favourite musician bar none.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7768 on: December 23, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »

And they're all wrong.
See God, Kai

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7769 on: December 23, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
Tom's amazing snarl to Mike - "you drunk creep!"