Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2808487 times)

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7830 on: January 02, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
I lived in College Station as a child and most of my family went to A&M, so I also got a kick out of that whole call.
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7831 on: January 02, 2012, 01:00:26 PM »
That caning kid's giving people hope.

A+
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7832 on: January 03, 2012, 09:53:16 AM »
"Skeeving"

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7833 on: January 04, 2012, 12:03:29 AM »
John McCain, on the floor of the senate, handing it off to his friend, AP Mike, who sounds exactly the same.

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7834 on: January 04, 2012, 12:57:13 AM »
"and you do what they told'ja"... the whole MC5/RATM thing had me in laughing pain.

Worst moment was Zach-mond still being a jerk, which wasn't that bad, because it was totally unsurprising.

Also, it's great to hear Tom sound happier than I've heard him in a while, even in the face of adversity and reflecting on not-so-great real-life stuff.  I noticed this in November, and Tom's become more radiant than ever.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #7835 on: January 04, 2012, 01:38:38 AM »
BAH-DUM! BUMBUMBUM! BUM-BAD-DUH! I hope Tom's RATM fascination lasts a couple of weeks.

Also good: No concert reports & no "so-and-so is a nice guy" reports. Mike screened like a champ.

2012 starts off with a big W.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7836 on: January 04, 2012, 04:12:02 AM »
The invocation was great. I just hope that it was FCC compliant.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Chrissy in MN

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7837 on: January 04, 2012, 06:28:08 AM »
Dolly Parton and Aleister Crowley: together at last.

Greggulator

« Reply #7838 on: January 04, 2012, 10:03:34 AM »
I heard the final 30 minutes last night in the car and am catching the rest now. This might be the fastest moving show ever.

I loved the 9-year-old D&D kid so much.

I also learned that I have actually heard an ELP song.

Here's a link to the movie Tom talked about. It sounds AWESOME and very much like Outrage, which is one of my favorite movies in the teen violence genre. http://www.vice.com/read/over-the-edge-134-v16n9

Also, I realized I have heard an ELP song with Carnival. I only know it since it was the promo music a looong time ago for CBS' March Madness previews. They used "We Got The Beat" once which shockingly worked well and was AWESOME. I kind of think that might be a great song.

If I called in last night, I would have suggested Joy Division's "No Love Lost." I was always trying to come up with a theme song for the comedy show I hosted for a while and that was going to be it but I never actually used it. But that song RULES.

joy division 'no love lost'
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Greggulator

« Reply #7839 on: January 04, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »
I heard the final 30 minutes last night in the car and am catching the rest now. This might be the fastest moving show ever.

Here's a link to the movie Tom talked about. It sounds AWESOME and very much like Outrage, which is one of my favorite movies in the teen violence genre. http://www.vice.com/read/over-the-edge-134-v16n9

Also, I realized I have heard an ELP song with Carnival. I only know it since it was the promo music a looong time ago for CBS' March Madness previews. They used "We Got The Beat" once which shockingly worked well and was AWESOME. I kind of think that might be a great song.

If I called in last night, I would have suggested Joy Division's "No Love Lost." I was always trying to come up with a theme song for the comedy show I hosted for a while and that was going to be it but I never actually used it. But that song RULES.

Tom's rant about message board stuff and having a creative outlet is really honest and spot-on.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7840 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »

See I was thinking Dead Souls by Joy Division. It's upbeat and it has the line "They keep calling me".

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7841 on: January 04, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »
Tom's rant about message board stuff and having a creative outlet is really honest and spot-on.

I agree, except that I wouldn't call it a "rant." What made it so great in my opinion was the fact that it was totally level-headed.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Crusherkc

« Reply #7842 on: January 04, 2012, 11:24:06 AM »
Best moment: Tom's "I've had enough of you" to antihistamine.  It had the perfect tone of contempt and resignation.  I hope that means a life ban to along with his banishment from the boards.  Given the chance to start afresh, to "cool out", he again comes on with his narcissistic self-promotion for whatever that video he's (been) pushing as part of the Enthusiasm rewards project no less- the gall!  The disregard to the quality of the show, I tells ya!  He adds nothing but his annoyance to the show.  As Trump would say..."He's a disaster."

Worst moment: Spike on the phone and NOT in the studio.  Let's make that happen in '12.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7843 on: January 04, 2012, 11:34:42 AM »
I counted at least 4 callers trying to sing along with/over Tom last night.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #7844 on: January 04, 2012, 11:35:27 AM »
Vance responding to hearing Tom say "advance."

And the RATM stuff. Everytime Tom went "witcha-witcha."