Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824164 times)

pat-trick

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8310 on: March 28, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
I'm just starting to listen to the show, and I can tell you my favorite part already.

Tom played "In My Time of Dying"

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8311 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:28 PM »
This has to be one of Tom's favorite Seinfeld moments:

The Good Samaritan?

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8312 on: March 28, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
Jason's Wally impression

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8313 on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:26 PM »
Vance allowing Gary to tell his jokes. What a friend.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8314 on: March 28, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »
Vance allowing Gary to tell his jokes. What a friend.

I realize that Vance is a good deal more reserved and polite than Gary, but it would be a hoot if he were to attempt his own AP Mike impersonation on the next Gary & Vance Show.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8315 on: March 28, 2012, 11:10:11 PM »
I liked when Dan from Tasmania admitted he went "fairly crazy" when Midnight Oil played that one song live.

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8316 on: March 29, 2012, 09:31:39 AM »
Tom's Beatlefest stories have always been a spring season highlight (for as long as I have been listening to TBS). I think because I have always wanted to go to Beatlefest since I was in high school and now I feel like I can just live vicariously thorugh Tom's stories -good and bad.
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8317 on: March 29, 2012, 12:02:26 PM »
Also, I really enjoyed Tom taking the piss out of the classic rock guys. I can't think of a more condescending, crypto-racist fandom.

Crusherkc

« Reply #8318 on: March 29, 2012, 12:17:46 PM »
Also, I really enjoyed Tom taking the piss out of the classic rock guys. I can't think of a more condescending, crypto-racist fandom.

Yeah.  Those guys typically go..."Now let me tell something about REAL music..." meaning, I don't understand modern life, can we talk about things from when I was young?  And funny, when they talk about 'classic music' it's never soul, funk, or motown.  And certainly not disco!   
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8319 on: March 29, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »
Tom's laugh-based acceptance of that one unmendable fence. We should all feel less skeezy about it now and we can definitely stop talking about it.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8320 on: March 29, 2012, 06:01:45 PM »
Tom's laugh-based acceptance of that one unmendable fence. We should all feel less skeezy about it now and we can definitely stop talking about it.

I'm probably going to still daydream about Parent Trapping them back together somehow but it sounds like Tom has accepted it and moved on, which means I can stop feeling like a creep for feeling bad about it whenever it's obliquely mentioned.

I feel like someone should do a tourney pitting Tom's various impressions against one another.  I have to believe his Trump and his Garrison Keiller would end up in the Final Four.

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8321 on: March 29, 2012, 06:13:59 PM »
It's not as weird listening to "his" past appearances on the show as I thought it would be. I'm just laughing.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8322 on: March 30, 2012, 03:21:52 AM »
So, who's this Alex character? He called in saying he was calling from Detroit @ 2:38:34, then called back as Alex from Anchorage @ 2:47:57. I remember that he's been calling a couple of times in the past, but the only specific instance I could identify was as "Alex in Bitters, Arkansas" @ 0:36:39 from the January 31 episode.

FWIW, he's a regular caller on Shut Up Weirdo as "George"…

The callers who call all shows are really freaky. Until I listened to old Best Show episodes, I had no idea who the Kansas creep was that called into Seven Second Delay a couple of times. I also didn't fully get the way that Ken made fun of him.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8323 on: March 30, 2012, 03:27:12 AM »
This has to be one of Tom's favorite Seinfeld moments:

The Good Samaritan?

Duty to rescue is actually a real thing in a couple of jurisdictions.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Greggulator

« Reply #8324 on: March 30, 2012, 09:43:40 AM »

Yeah.  Those guys typically go..."Now let me tell something about REAL music..." meaning, I don't understand modern life, can we talk about things from when I was young?  And funny, when they talk about 'classic music' it's never soul, funk, or motown.  And certainly not disco!

I also love how "real music" to these guys is stuff like the Allman Brothers, The Eagles, Eagles solo projects and The Doors. You seriously could not pay me enough money to listen to any of those bands.

There is no greater hell than being stuck in traffic in a car driven by your uncle who LOVES the classic rock station.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com