Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2829001 times)

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9465 on: December 05, 2012, 02:27:23 PM »
I know sometimes the exasperation and resignation on Tom's part is part of his radio persona, but it was really sad to hear the tone the show took after those two drips called in last night.

To call up and disrespect a guy who's been putting himself out to be there week after week to do a free show for you from which he makes no money is THE WORST. Esp. if he's mentioned your dumb band 1000 times.

THE WORST.

He makes me hate Norm Chompskie and Howard Zine.  I don't often listen to the show live b/c I save this for my Wednesday morning at-work listening and I check in to boards first and just knew it was Zilch everyone was talking about before he was named.  Having just heard it, I'm so glad that Tom did what he shoulda done a loooong time ago with this doof:

LIFETIME BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my fave/least fave moment occurred at the same time, when Tom was really fed up and upset by this p.o.s. time-waster so much so that we may never hear from dopey again. "Boring Owen"'s (aka "No-Smoking Joe") worst calls were better than his best.

Viva la Scharpling!
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9466 on: December 05, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »
I've been listening to the Ken Plume podcasts, so I'm a couple of weeks behind, but I wholeheartedly support this ban.  I agree that this guy seems deranged.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

around the bend

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9467 on: December 05, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
best part of the show: Tom's primal scream-- wow!
worst part of the show: Marc Maron defiling some 'priceless' (no doubt) artworks.  ha ha ha.  Everybody knows that's the allure of buying paintings.  You take it home and touch it hard.

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9468 on: December 05, 2012, 07:28:18 PM »
I've been thinking a lot about last night today and the thing is if Tom hadn't signed off in such a soul-crushed/soul-crushing way, I'd consider the damn thing a work of art in a class of radio TBSOWFMU doesn't normally do. Z**** and Randy are the lowest of the low, but all through their awful calls I was thinking to myself how poetically they were contrasting with Marc Maron's call, the Dolenz story/Hate Pit clearance, Gary's reconciliation with Mike. I was excited in a way because I know Tom can do things with twerps like that.

David Rees called it the "BEST radio I've heard in YEEEEEARS! RESPECT!!!" when Tom finally gave Z**** what was coming. I would agree. Tom did the right thing being so lenient with Z***** and the right thing letting him flame out so disastrously and the right thing banning him for life - the one ban in the history of the show I can see him never lifting. And then Southern Michael K. called in and lied about how mean Tom is, totally taking Z*****'s call out of the context of how he's been terrorizing the show for, what, years now? I'd be shaken if I were Tom too.

I just hope Tom remembers that there are way more Friends out there than those two cretins (I spent a lot of today also wondering if Z***** and Randy identify as FOTs and how I feel about that) who are just silent on the airwaves because we respect him too much to call in and waste all of our time thanking him all night. I hope some of this makes sense. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9469 on: December 06, 2012, 01:56:13 AM »
I think we need to start a campaign to get Obama to change the name of Predator Drones to Mit Hamines. That's the only way any true justice can be served onto Z.F.M.H.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9470 on: December 06, 2012, 09:09:30 AM »
I think we need to start a campaign to get Obama to change the name of Predator Drones to Mit Hamines. That's the only way any true justice can be served onto Z.F.M.H.

Not bad.  How about: "The Z*** from S*** H***** Predator Drone Reauthorization, Marijuana Punishment and Love for Wealthy Corporations Act"?

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #9471 on: December 06, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
I'm done renting clowns like this space in my brain (the status of "Clown Time" has been well established.)

I trust Tom to correct what ever he needs to correct to head crap like this off at the pass in the future, as much as it can be headed off. There will always be vandals who want to destroy good things and people just because they can.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

MarkS

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9472 on: December 06, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
Yeah I agree. Tom described him perfectly when he called him a rat. Not only has Tom politely promoted his dumb band through jokes, he also finally gave the guy a bit of power to present his case, a case that was making people feel bad about themselves for voting for Obama, and he immediately used it to promote his local band. A flier would have sufficed, and probably also achieved more. The last guy simply has no idea why he listens to the Best Show.

Crusherkc

« Reply #9473 on: December 06, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »
Not bad.  How about: "The Z*** from S*** H***** Predator Drone Reauthorization, Marijuana Punishment and Love for Wealthy Corporations Act"?

I hate drones as much as the next humanist does BUT, if there are any FOTs serving in the US military with access to any of these machines and a can a paint, would you mind painting "From [p.o.s.'s name or dumb band name here] With Love" ala the paint jobs on bombers during WWII and whatnot?

Let's change the name of the DEA to [p.o.s.'s name or dumb band name here] so to future oppressed stoners, their name will be synonymous with the Narcs. "Aw man, flush it down man the Shit Hamines are here!" "We just got Shit Hamined"  "Did you just get Shit Hamined and need representation? Call Saul Goodman..."

And that 2nd guy bringing up regionalism to slam Tom's "rudeness" is a 5-alarm warning that he has no idea what the show is about.  The Best Show is country wide and world wide baby.  That idiot probably voted for Jesse Helms any chance he got.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9474 on: December 06, 2012, 11:54:51 AM »
Just finished the Dar call. More of that please!

Partying with Rick Rude was the icing on the cake.

not that clay

« Reply #9475 on: December 06, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »
About the creep from Virginia, I've listened to a zillion hours of the Best Show and this was the first time I'd ever felt sorry for Tom.

Otherwise, great show! I haven't listened to Quadrophenia in ages so even that was a treat.

jimswanson

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9476 on: December 06, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »
I have nothing original to contribute so I'll just say I agree with all that's been said about those two terrible calls.

But I'm mostly writing here wondering if I'm the only listener who can't help but be curious about the sketchy circumstances leading to Z***'s relocation from Richmond to Manassas?

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9477 on: December 06, 2012, 03:58:25 PM »
Note to self: Listen first, read thread second.  Man, I am just DREADING those two calls now.

Charles Arrington

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9478 on: December 06, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »
just finished the ZFMH call.

i live somewhat close to manassas, if i saw him on the street, i'd be tempted to knock his block off.

concur on the worst call ever. I dont even "love to hate" this guy.

I did love to hate wally wackiman during the feltdown (but i dont really hate you wally!)
yeah, but Z#$% is just a terrible human being. was he not hugged enough as a kid?

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9479 on: December 06, 2012, 04:45:04 PM »
There's a word in German, "Backpfeifengesicht." It means "A face in need of a punch."

That is all.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau