Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824204 times)

dontuknowimloko?

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9540 on: December 12, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »
Does anyone else think that it was Zach Galifianakis doing a bit? It seems like something he would do.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9541 on: December 12, 2012, 09:53:03 PM »
Does anyone else think that it was Zach Galifianakis doing a bit? It seems like something he would do.

Nope.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9542 on: December 13, 2012, 09:27:55 AM »
Concerning last Tuesday's caller "Randy" from North Carolina:

I live in the deep south and sanctimonious good ole boys like him are truly dime a dozen.  They dig in first with their "aw shucks" routine, feigning modesty and pretending to "straight-talk ya", but it's all an arrogant confidence game.  I'm always cautious of them hat-in-hand poseurs because a lot of times that figurative hat is hiding a dagger.  And listen to that inauthentic fake laugh at his own forwardness; I've heard that plenty.  That's meant to convince you that he's a good guy who just likes a little funnin'.  It's total passive-aggressiveness on display.

Let me translate his "Have a happy show" as "do what I want you to do or I'll rain down more corn-pone righteousness on you."

And as far as his "We don't take rudeness too lightly down here."  — Really?  Cracked any history books lately?

I hope you're reading this, Randy.  The South is not you anymore…start getting used to it and stop speaking for the rest of us.

Totally generalizing here, but polite societies tend to be hierarchical and unequal societies, and have a legacy of feudalism (including slavery). Places where people are blunt, rude, whatever are generally more equal, like the Netherlands and Scandinavia.

At first I read 'Netherlands' as 'Neanderthals' and I was going to weigh in that things didn't work out too well for them.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9543 on: December 13, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »
Catching up on a couple of episodes that I missed in the late winter/early spring. Tom's in the studio with Michael Kupperman, late in the episode. Tom, boldly to Mike: HEY MIKE, GET IN HERE SOMEBODY WANTS TO SEE YOU. Then Tom, quietly to Michael Kupperman: please don't judge me for this

Charles Arrington

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9544 on: December 13, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »
Unfortunately, Zach's not in on the joke and is actually that annoying. It ran its course -- he went from "love to hate" to actual hate and it was time for his relationship with the show to end.

I do think the prattling uber-lefty using his views to push his dumb record would make for a great Wurster call.

for wrestling fans, he's like X-Pac after DX ended.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9545 on: December 14, 2012, 12:49:36 AM »
 Ken and Andy's live, press-box coverage of the 12.12.12 concert was amazing.

Oh wait, wrong forum.

"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9546 on: December 14, 2012, 08:49:44 AM »

[/quote]

Totally generalizing here, but polite societies tend to be hierarchical and unequal societies, and have a legacy of feudalism (including slavery). Places where people are blunt, rude, whatever are generally more equal, like the Netherlands and Scandinavia.
[/quote]

Don't forget Philly!

jimswanson

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9547 on: December 15, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
... Spike is still reliable, and the Alabammy Comet simply can't be stopped, but other than that?

Oh are we still calling him this? I thought Jason's new nickname was "Ol' Limber Lips"

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9548 on: December 16, 2012, 05:14:45 AM »
"Creampie."

dutch

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9549 on: December 17, 2012, 02:21:13 PM »
Zach from Mit Hamine reminds me The Girl You Wish You Hadn't Started a Conversation With at a Party from SNL.

Purple Aki

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9550 on: December 17, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »
Just listened to that, and I feel bad for Tom after putting up with that awful duo. You're too nice, Tom - hang up on those kinds of people. As you yourself have stated on the show: 95 % of the listeners are decent people, but the dregs of the Best Show are truly awful. Those two calls were the worst moments of the show.

The best moments: Tom complaining about iTunes, as I've just downloaded it myself and found it to be as annoying as Tom did. "The Gene Krupa of being drunk" and the CHK-QA jokes cracked me up.

roman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9551 on: December 18, 2012, 02:04:37 PM »
Zach from Mit Hamine reminds me The Girl You Wish You Hadn't Started a Conversation With at a Party from SNL.

It's time to stop being reasonable with that guy.  He used Tom's image and voice against his will in a movie, then he called up and threatened to beat him up, then he had "friends" call up and threaten to beat him up, and now he just completely sabotaged the show.

That guy can find a new radio show to ruin.

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9552 on: December 18, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »
That buffoon Randy from North Carolina has called before, either last year or earlier this year. 

He had the same irritating tone, and got a months-long ban for using toilet language.  Good riddance to him, and to Z. from S. H.
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9553 on: December 18, 2012, 08:42:45 PM »
Quote from: AP Mike
I can't believe all of the naked followers I have!
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9554 on: December 19, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »
This year's holiday party FLEW by. It had my favorite guests on the show, minus Kurt. B and myself. So much fun and the fastest three hours I've ever had at work.

THANKS TOM AND AP MIKE AND WFMU AND EVERYONE!
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com