Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824028 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9915 on: April 29, 2013, 03:18:56 PM »
This is from last week's episode, but I do the same thing Jason from Huntsville does with nearly empty chip bags and I live by myself. I only disappoint myself with that action.

I do that, too. You can spin it as not wanting to be selfish and eating the last of it. Somebody told me in Japan nobody will eat the last slice of pizza, but maybe he was making it up, I wasn't there.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9916 on: April 29, 2013, 06:48:09 PM »
This is from last week's episode, but I do the same thing Jason from Huntsville does with nearly empty chip bags and I live by myself. I only disappoint myself with that action.

I do that, too. You can spin it as not wanting to be selfish and eating the last of it. Somebody told me in Japan nobody will eat the last slice of pizza, but maybe he was making it up, I wasn't there.

That sounds correct re: Japanese. They also wear masks when in public so as not to spread their colds. How the hell did they get to be so nice?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9917 on: April 29, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »
How the hell did they get to be so nice?
They stopped being an imperialist nation.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9918 on: April 29, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
How the hell did they get to be so nice?
They stopped being an imperialist nation.

Two A-Bombs will do that to you.  Take you down a peg and then you learn to be gracious to a fault about pizza etiquette. 
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9919 on: April 29, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
O, KAYYYYYYY....glad I asked!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9920 on: April 30, 2013, 05:28:53 AM »
"After you, Hiroshi!" "No, after you, Akira!"

colonel panic

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9921 on: April 30, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
I'm still laughing at picturing Jelloman returning/buying stuff from Walmart and then mixing up a fresh batch in the parking lot by the tour van.

On a darker note, traveling in that van w/ coolers of jelloshot has got to be at least an open container if not a full on felony.

I hope he doesn't get into any trouble doing this work.

the man is legal: http://web.stagram.com/p/386896866812856859_8711505

roman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9922 on: April 30, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »
Best: Return of Spike, Jackson 21.

Interestingly, when they were talking about Xanadu, the actual name of that development is American Dream Meadowlands.  WTF is with all these manufactured development people and their constant talking about dreams?  American Dream, I'm a dreamer, to dream the impossible dream....

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9923 on: April 30, 2013, 04:16:05 PM »
Interestingly, when they were talking about Xanadu, the actual name of that development is American Dream Meadowlands.  WTF is with all these manufactured development people and their constant talking about dreams?  American Dream, I'm a dreamer, to dream the impossible dream....

Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9924 on: April 30, 2013, 09:22:12 PM »
I was surprised to hear Mitch Lee's voice coming out of my Best Show listening.  I saw his TV ads several times, seemingly played in every commercial break during at least one weekend up at my wife's parents' house.  I've also seen them come on, at home.  They always seemed odd, with the last thing being a rip, complete with sound effect, and saying not to call if you're not a nice person.  I really liked how Tom handled that point, all the same.  Still, two things I never thought would cross paths, but I enjoyed it, all the same.

-Zach

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9925 on: April 30, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
Did anybody else think to look up Mitch Leigh on Wikipedia? I did. It's kind of striking how many shows he was involved with after Man of La Mancha that were Grade A flops. He did, however, compose the jingle "Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee." The Wikipedia entry, by the way, doesn't mention Jackson 21.

Artist's renderings here:http://www.jacksontwentyone.com/

Pretty snarky comments thread here: http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1055020
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Honolulu Fred

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9926 on: May 01, 2013, 01:00:39 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words, you guys!  Lady GG suggests the title: "Searching for Jelloman".  Matt Fraction writes the screenplay, Tom directs, but AP gets dibs on Wobbly:

[attachment deleted by admin]

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9927 on: May 01, 2013, 09:37:06 AM »
Anybody else get a troubling vibe when considering how Mitch's definition of "not nice people" might line up with demographics?

NB: I wrote this before I clicked on the snarky thread. I was guessing it was a common reaction.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

colonel panic

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9928 on: May 01, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »
Paydirt's unprompted american-style 'pizzaburger' almost made me lose the tea i was drinking.

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9929 on: May 01, 2013, 09:00:38 PM »
Paydirt really took it up a notch last night. Has that fun-loving, charming "Edgar" called back recently?