Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824075 times)

Miles

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9960 on: May 16, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
Ever since the show, my wife and I have begun speaking in the (is it?) Claude Raines/Invisible man voice.
Don't quite know what the accent is...
But Tom's rough outlines of the "Invisible Hipster" had us floored...
" 'zee what happened to your kickball ?!?!?"

I'd see that.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9961 on: May 16, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
Loved the Claude Rains voice. Also ...

"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9962 on: May 16, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »
I guess I might have my ass handed to me for this, but somehow I do not get the Jello Man charm.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9963 on: May 16, 2013, 11:32:49 PM »
...nem Bodysnatchers...

mike a

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9964 on: May 17, 2013, 09:34:50 AM »
Invisible Hipster had me laughing hysterically at work.  I'm sure my coworkers were concerned.

Also, totally with Tom on the rock show.  My parents didn't take me to see REM play at Rutgers when I was in high school, even though I'd managed to finagle guest list passes.  I'm 46 years old and have literally never forgiven them.  My kids will not have the same problem.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9965 on: May 17, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »
I guess I might have my ass handed to me for this, but somehow I do not get the Jello Man charm.

Eh, I'm in the same boat. So at least I will take some of the hits for you, man.

The Brighamist

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9966 on: May 17, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »
"If he showed up on the set of Willy Wonka as an Oompa-Loompa, they would send him back to tone it down a little bit."

trotnixon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9967 on: May 17, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »
Eh, I'm in the same boat. So at least I will take some of the hits for you, man.

Jello Man is growing on me, but I can understand the general lack of excitement. Let's face it, his charm lies in the fact that he's KV's brother. But, if Jello can spin his special access into a regular character with a consistently interesting story to tell, then I would consider Jello a welcome addition. 

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9968 on: May 17, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »

Make that three. What charm? "Two for tongue"? Blecch.

Also put me down for wanting to see an "Invisible Hipster" movie , but keeping Tom's Claude Rains voice for the title hipster.  I want to see Invisible Hipster Meets the Human Carpet as a possible sequel. "Get out of the carpet. Get out!" Also, Tom doing "The Gift" while running the movie in the background.

Worst: Mike letting Zilch through.

On hoops fans: Celtics fans used to cheer the hardest for 2pt avg white guy (of course) Brian Scalabrini. Worst fans in the NBA. The only time they were the #1 team here was when they had three white superstars on the team in the 80s.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

not that clay

« Reply #9969 on: May 17, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »
I don't think Larry Da Perv ever creeped me out as much as Jelloman.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9970 on: May 17, 2013, 09:20:23 PM »

Make that three. What charm? "Two for tongue"? Blecch.

Also put me down for wanting to see an "Invisible Hipster" movie , but keeping Tom's Claude Rains voice for the title hipster.  I want to see Invisible Hipster Meets the Human Carpet as a possible sequel. "Get out of the carpet. Get out!" Also, Tom doing "The Gift" while running the movie in the background.

Worst: Mike letting Zilch through.

On hoops fans: Celtics fans used to cheer the hardest for 2pt avg white guy (of course) Brian Scalabrini. Worst fans in the NBA. The only time they were the #1 team here was when they had three white superstars on the team in the 80s.

Perhaps he doesn't appeal as much to the, *ahem*, mature male FOT as to the youngsters these days consarn it.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9971 on: May 17, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »

Perhaps he doesn't appeal as much to the, *ahem*, mature male FOT as to the youngsters these days consarn it.
Yup.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9972 on: May 18, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »
I haven't Heard the whole show yet but Jason from Alabamas call is probably going to be the nadir.

Are you sure you used the word you meant to use.

RickInSaltLake

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9973 on: May 18, 2013, 03:53:56 PM »
I'm really into "The Invisible Hipster"...

mackro

« Reply #9974 on: May 19, 2013, 01:56:15 AM »
Hoping demons actually get summoned when this thread reaches page 666. FOT-friendly demons, obviously.