Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2900267 times)

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7365 on: October 24, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »
Worst: When Sam Seder called to complain about Matt Pinfield.

Glad I missed his whining.

What could Spike possibly have against Sam Seder?

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7366 on: October 24, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »
Sam Seedy?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7367 on: October 25, 2011, 09:38:13 PM »

I hope this actually happens, Pets.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Kormod

« Reply #7368 on: October 26, 2011, 01:04:04 AM »
In response to this outrageous JPEG, I'm going to embrace my inner pedant: if Shipp wins the 2016 presidential election, wouldn't he take office in 2017, not 2016? 

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7369 on: October 26, 2011, 01:44:58 AM »
Best: Michael K getting derailed...  I've never heard Michael K sound less confident and so fragile than tonight. Maybe calls in the past have been worse, but -- while not near the level of the Feltdown -- the MichaelKDown was very entertaining and at times uncomfortable.

Worst: I know I will break a heart, but the caller from D.C. talking about the Wild Flag show... that seemed to take up a third of the show just to get to the part about eating someone's hair in the crowd briefly.  She sounded like a new caller who had a different plan in mind initially, so I'll cut her slack for sure, as I've been there.

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7370 on: October 26, 2011, 02:33:28 AM »
"that's one black cat I wouldn't mind passing my path". I know that's horrible, but yeesh... what an amazing call out of newbridge  ;D.  Tom and omar vying for "the best" gold, Paydirts tale was good times, and you can't beat hodge-man coming in strong at the end. another great show!

Wes

« Reply #7371 on: October 26, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »
Best:
-The "black cat" line floored me. I have no idea how you get through a line like that without losing it.

-The entire Skip Dworkin/Dworkyn call was excellent, especially the incredible story of the rise and multiple falls of Newbridge Dance Party. The whole call will give the Newbridge family trees thread fuel for a while. I especially loved the secret origin of The Toolbelt Murders and "That would explain the Nordic visions each host reported experiencing..." line. Also "What a boooooooood."

-#Mouthfun

-Tom's growing desire for "AP Mike Day" in Bayonne that unfolded throughout the show, peaking at the end when he and Hodgman came up with dark scenarios about how it would actually go down.

-The Michael K-niption. Particularly the "Did he hang up? I think he hung up. I...I think he's still there! Are you still there? I think he's still there." ".....I'm still here..." segment, which was truly inspired comic timing from Michael K. Though, as I said at the time, I was hoping Michael K would suddenly start talking without his accent, forcing Tom to yell "YOU'RE NOT DOING THE VOICE!" at him.

Worst:
-Tom never played "Monster Mash"
-"Wackimaniacs"
-That phony accent that dude in the studio put on at the end
This may be the year I will disappear.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7372 on: October 26, 2011, 11:01:44 AM »
What on earth accent does Michael K have?  Could... could a person put on such an accent?  How is that possible?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Key Loser

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7373 on: October 26, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »
What on earth accent does Michael K have?  Could... could a person put on such an accent?  How is that possible?

I guess its a Pittsburgh accent. He mentioned it in a show from the archives I was listening to recently. Tom tells him he sort of has that accent then Micheal says something about being from the Midwest. So a sort of mashup Pittsburgh/Midwest accent.

Crusherkc

« Reply #7374 on: October 26, 2011, 12:35:24 PM »

...and children, that's how the government works: the current president makes a call to his favorite obscure actor and then he becomes President of the USA
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Kormod

« Reply #7375 on: October 26, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »

...and children, that's how the government works: the current president makes a call to his favorite obscure actor and then he becomes President of the USA

Obscure!? John Wesley Shipp is an Emmy*-award-winning actor. He has also starred in NUMEROUS feature films**. Have some decency, sir.

*Daytime Emmys. These may or may not be completely worthless awards.

**These "feature films" may or may not have went straight to video. You also may or may not have to go through saloon doors to access them at your local video store.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #7376 on: October 26, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »
New listeners from the SPIN article got a fantastic S&W bit to spark their interest in the show.

Kormod

« Reply #7377 on: October 26, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »
New listeners from the SPIN article got a fantastic S&W bit to spark their interest in the show.

If they didn't turn off the radio during the Michael K. call.

Crusherkc

« Reply #7378 on: October 26, 2011, 01:38:19 PM »

Obscure!? John Wesley Shipp is an Emmy*-award-winning actor. He has also starred in NUMEROUS feature films**. Have some decency, sir.

*Daytime Emmys. These may or may not be completely worthless awards.

**These "feature films" may or may not have went straight to video. You also may or may not have to go through saloon doors to access them at your local video store.

Where's Shipp on universal health care?  Would he support a constitutional amendment to remove personhood for corporations?  It's a shame there are no elections anymore since President Obama will simply call in his replacement. A great campaign slogan would be "SHIPP '16 - ALL ABOARD"
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7379 on: October 26, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »
Is it odd that I like Micheal K's calls?