Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818810 times)

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8220 on: March 15, 2012, 02:17:13 AM »
I got Gomped. It was a perfectly valid one. 

GOMPs are the building blocks of FOT LIFE!

Z-Man,

Shortly after the Rest Show this past Tuesday, I was joking to a friend that you were going to write a tirade about your unfair treatment on The Rest Show the following day.  But then I immediately felt bad for suggesting that. Because I remembered you fared much better on the last Rest Show with Greggulator in the studio alongside your puppetsake, who is even more defensive than you.  I took back what I said.

So I read this thread, and now I feel like a giant "WANH Wonnnh!" just dropped on my head. Relax, Z. Listen to Felt!

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8221 on: March 15, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »
Hey,
   Sorry to come off as predictable, especially in a negative connotation.  I do hope the FOT community recognizes that there's a lot more to me than this aspect of my personality.  I just hurt because I felt like I was a part of this group, and yet I didn't even get to finish my story.  I've been relistening to it, today, and most hangups were after the points of the call were made, just for a cutoff, like someone who tried to squeeze in an addendum after the call seemed wrapped or whatever.  I was made to be the butt of a joke, not finishing my story, which they specifically insisted I tell, despite my hesitancy, so the hangup just felt a little rougher.  Like I said, I know there's no hard feelings from Hatch and co., but it still kinda hurt in the moment.  I just want it to be clear that I'm not just whiny for the sake of being whiny or anything like that. 

It was a fun show, but I wish my call could have come to a better conclusion than it did, especially considering how much time and consideration was given to the far lesser of the Z's and his awful delusional attempts and ego-boosting.  He honestly makes Greggulator's claims of riches and faberge eggs seem realistic and down-to-earth, and is definitely one thing that me and Gregg can agree on, aside from the fact that I (and Wally) have buried the hatchet with him.  Thanks, again, for hearing me out.

-Zach (Big Z)

wood and iron

« Reply #8222 on: March 15, 2012, 07:45:19 PM »
Hey,
   Sorry to come off as predictable, especially in a negative connotation.  I do hope the FOT community recognizes that there's a lot more to me than this aspect of my personality.  I just hurt because I felt like I was a part of this group, and yet I didn't even get to finish my story.  I've been relistening to it, today, and most hangups were after the points of the call were made, just for a cutoff, like someone who tried to squeeze in an addendum after the call seemed wrapped or whatever.  I was made to be the butt of a joke, not finishing my story, which they specifically insisted I tell, despite my hesitancy, so the hangup just felt a little rougher.  Like I said, I know there's no hard feelings from Hatch and co., but it still kinda hurt in the moment.  I just want it to be clear that I'm not just whiny for the sake of being whiny or anything like that. 

It was a fun show, but I wish my call could have come to a better conclusion than it did, especially considering how much time and consideration was given to the far lesser of the Z's and his awful delusional attempts and ego-boosting.  He honestly makes Greggulator's claims of riches and faberge eggs seem realistic and down-to-earth, and is definitely one thing that me and Gregg can agree on, aside from the fact that I (and Wally) have buried the hatchet with him.  Thanks, again, for hearing me out.

-Zach (Big Z)

I've avoided commenting about you because I've always enjoyed your visits to the show. But this is getting ridiculous. If you have personal problems with these people, please keep it private between you and these people.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8223 on: March 15, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »
Not for nothin,' Z, but "whining for the sake of whining" and "whining so that all shall know my pain at suffering an injustice that nobody but me thinks is a big deal" are both whining.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Kormod

« Reply #8224 on: March 15, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
Greggulator has Faberge eggs? What!?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8225 on: March 15, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
Greggulator has Faberge eggs? What!?
Somewhere around thirty-two or so, I believe.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8226 on: March 15, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »
Hey,

-Zach (Big Z)

I've avoided commenting about you because I've always enjoyed your visits to the show. But this is getting ridiculous. If you have personal problems with these people, please keep it private between you and these people.

Thanks for your support.  I did say that I did not have problems with them.  I was just sharing that I didn't like how the call ended.  That's really the bottom line.  Sorry for bogging everyone down with this.

-Zach (Big Z)

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8227 on: March 15, 2012, 10:20:17 PM »
I liked when they hung up on Z man.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8228 on: March 15, 2012, 11:57:44 PM »
Hey,
  I heard after the hangup on the podcast while driving home, today.  I will say that I do feel a little bit better now, knowing that I had AP Mike on my side.  Thanks, Mike!  I'd be happy to continue the story on a future Depravity's Rainbow installment, or better yet perhaps, privately.

-Zach (Big Z)

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #8229 on: March 16, 2012, 12:14:40 AM »
No problem, Zach. I was enjoying your call and would have liked to have gone a little deeper with it. Did you remember all those details from the original viewing or have you revisited it periodically as you've gotten older? When were you first able to look at it again? When was the last time you watched it? Does it still have a similar effect on you or has it lost its hold completely?
See God, Kai

Kormod

« Reply #8230 on: March 16, 2012, 12:38:45 AM »
Mike, I don't know if this will help you with your case study, but here's the traumatic Sesame Street skit:

Sesame Street: Bert and Ernie in a Pyramid

Greggulator

« Reply #8231 on: March 16, 2012, 09:34:25 AM »
Zach --

You/Wally took about 50 steps forward the show we were on together. It was the Wally of old, mixed in with great change into Z-Man and back. I've relistened to it and I think it holds up and you were terrific.

And you were fine on the air on Tuesday. But Hatch and the gang wanted to move the show along. It's nothing personal. I didn't get GOMPED by them, but if I did I wouldn't care. I've been made fun of on the air by Tom constantly and have been GOMPed and I wear it like a badge of honor! It's all in good fun.

You're taking a LOT of steps back on the thread. As a fan of you and your work with Wally, I'm just being honest here. Like I've said countless times -- you've been one of my favorite parts of the show since Wally made his debut, even when you're you and not using Wally. But my problem with Wally came when the differences between Zach and Wally became too muddled and both of you became really whiny.

Like everyone said -- ROLL WITH IT BABY! Everyone really does like you on the show and wants to like you! But you make it hard for us sometimes by not just shaking things off.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #8232 on: March 16, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »
Big Z:

With about 1/4 of my calls, I'd say, I never get to the thing I called about because Tom riffs on something early in the call or cuts the call short to keep the pace of the show moving. And I'm 100% cool with that because both of these things make the show better. And that's main reason to call: to make the show better.

Your call did that and was therefore a success.

Hatch's decision seemed to be based on keeping the pace going and I saw the "could you say that again" hang up as very much within the spirit of the show.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8233 on: March 16, 2012, 11:20:44 AM »
LET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

I still kinda prefer "The Hatch Patch" as a name for this fill-in show. But I guess i have to defer to the fact that Mr. Hatch-Miller is not fond of it.

And "The Rest Show" creates possibilities where other friends of the show could potentially fill in when Tom's not around. Perhaps opening the guest-hosting door towards obscure figures like Zach Galifinakis or Todd Barry. Or the Abba Box Set. Or Paul McCartney.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8234 on: March 16, 2012, 01:15:53 PM »
It's early doors so far in the podcast, but Hatch's "I don't play by any rules; I break 'em" will take some beating.