Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810641 times)

Kormod

Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9090 on: August 24, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
Massa's South: We accept food stamps.

Massa's South: Moonshine definitely NOT on tap *wink* *wink*.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9091 on: August 24, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »
Ap Mike has to move Massa's South Fitzcarraldo style through the New Port Richey wilderness.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9092 on: August 24, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
Massa's South: 'Closed' on Sundays

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9093 on: August 24, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
Since Buffcoat hasn't responded, I'll pick for him: Indian Chief.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Kormod

« Reply #9094 on: August 24, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
"Why was this murder victim dressed as an Indian chief?"

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9095 on: August 24, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »
Since Buffcoat hasn't responded, I'll pick for him: Indian Chief.

Paolo, the aristocratic Brazilian timber heir.  Why?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Dennis

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9096 on: August 25, 2012, 03:36:24 AM »
This was a remarkable week for Depravity's Rainbow. 
Mike's (unfortunate) continued unemployment streak has enhanced his overall gravitas, which, ironically, has been a great strength of the Best Show for the past several fill-ins. 
Larry D. Perv has, against all odds, has become (not unlike Fredericks) one of the all time great callers.  At this point, I would bet my last dollar on his FOT HOF status.
Therese and Mike have a rapport with Wally Wackiman that equals his classic era with Tom, and Therese, both on her own, and as a foil to AP Mike is frequently transcendent. 
On top of all of this, the other regular callers, especially Jason in Huntsville, Alabama, were superb. 
Tom is missed, of course, but by the end of this episode I was experiencing the same ASMR that Mike gets from the knife show guys.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9097 on: August 25, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »
Therese and Mike have a rapport with Wally Wackiman that equals his classic era with Tom

You think? Therese has great rapport with anyone, but I always feel like Mike--who doesn't like the idea of adults reading comic books even at their most sophisticated--has a limited fascination with Wally and his assumption that everyone is as arrested at the Sesame Street stage of development as he is. At least, Mike wasted little time in Brian Piccolo'ing him--whatever the hell that was.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9098 on: August 25, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »
The strange thing? I know exactly what that one dude is talking about with the ASMR stuff. Check out reddit.com/r/asmr. Terese hit the nail on the head with Bob Ross as he's pretty much the undisputed ASMR king.

Also: ASMR is pseudoscience made up word. Even wikipedia refuses to give it a page.

It started out as mellow videos that give you the tingles but the whole culture has developed into young woman talking in whispers and role playing really mundane things (receptionists, doctor exams, etc). It's strange.

And yet, it's uber relaxing.

Dennis

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9099 on: August 25, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »
You think? Therese has great rapport with anyone, but I always feel like Mike--who doesn't like the idea of adults reading comic books even at their most sophisticated--has a limited fascination with Wally and his assumption that everyone is as arrested at the Sesame Street stage of development as he is. At least, Mike wasted little time in Brian Piccolo'ing him--whatever the hell that was.

Yeah, rapport is the wrong word.  I enjoy their interactions because it's kind of an anti-rapport in a way.

I would also like some clarification on Brian Piccoloing.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the tv movie Brian's Song, but who knows.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #9100 on: August 25, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
Since I don't have access to the board, I came up with a verbal cue for Therese to dump a caller: "Brian Piccolo is very sick." It's sort of self-explanatory when you think about it.
See God, Kai

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9101 on: September 04, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
Therese and Mike have a rapport with Wally Wackiman that equals his classic era with Tom

Matt, glad you liked Wally's brief call in to the show.  Cavorting, I would certainly not say Wally is at any kind of "arrested" "Sesame Street stage of development".  That almost sounds like Mike, when he's in that anti-adults-reading-comics mode, looking down at all puppetry as being just for kids.  Sesame is wonderful, and even that has plenty of stuff that was aimed at the parents or older siblings in the room.  Watch some of the classic Henson/Oz Ernie and Bert sketches.  Classic, hilarious stuff!

Additionally, Wally had something totally unrelated to puppets or Muppets, specifically to tell Mike, based on a previous call, but his power trip of once again putting down the puppet, despite having seemingly been on good terms when they were last in the studio together, had to take control and cut the conversation short.  Please understand that, in saying this, it's all in fun, and both Wally and I do like Mike.  Just can't explain his quick hangup cue with anything but his antipuppitism.

-Zach

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9102 on: September 05, 2012, 12:28:56 AM »
"You need to go get a copy of Pump. Heave ho!"

Kormod

« Reply #9103 on: September 05, 2012, 12:29:36 AM »

Matt, glad you liked Wally's brief call in to the show.  Cavorting, I would certainly not say Wally is at any kind of "arrested" "Sesame Street stage of development".  That almost sounds like Mike, when he's in that anti-adults-reading-comics mode, looking down at all puppetry as being just for kids.  Sesame is wonderful, and even that has plenty of stuff that was aimed at the parents or older siblings in the room.  Watch some of the classic Henson/Oz Ernie and Bert sketches.  Classic, hilarious stuff!

Additionally, Wally had something totally unrelated to puppets or Muppets, specifically to tell Mike, based on a previous call, but his power trip of once again putting down the puppet, despite having seemingly been on good terms when they were last in the studio together, had to take control and cut the conversation short.  Please understand that, in saying this, it's all in fun, and both Wally and I do like Mike.  Just can't explain his quick hangup cue with anything but his antipuppitism.

-Zach

Sesame Street is strictly for children. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9104 on: September 05, 2012, 06:10:43 AM »
Great show!
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/