Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810640 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9870 on: April 17, 2013, 04:03:49 PM »
Good show last night. The calls from Andy Kindler and the Alabammy Comet were the highlights for me.

I enjoyed the Andy Kindler/Jason from Huntsville/Jen Kirkman trifecta of charming accents.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9871 on: April 17, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »
Good show last night. The calls from Andy Kindler and the Alabammy Comet were the highlights for me.

I enjoyed the Andy Kindler/Jason from Huntsville/Jen Kirkman trifecta of charming accents.

Yes. It's good to be reminded that smart, funny people come from everywhere.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9872 on: April 17, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »

Even Pittsburgh?
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9873 on: April 17, 2013, 06:19:48 PM »

Even Pittsburgh?

Oooh, *forced grin* ahh, *wince* err...
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9874 on: April 17, 2013, 07:11:06 PM »
Cute, Buff, cute.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9875 on: April 17, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »

Tom's "the Southern Gentlemen of Fast Food" needs its own spin-off. 
"Glory be, let's get you a foot-long with all the fixins!"
"Hello, sugah, I'm a hankerin for a Reesey cup!"

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9876 on: April 18, 2013, 04:26:57 AM »
I liked the riffing about smoking e-cigs at a basketball game.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9877 on: April 18, 2013, 09:24:28 AM »

Even Pittsburgh?

Michael K calling in from Pittsburgh reminds us that people come from everywhere anyhow.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9878 on: April 18, 2013, 11:29:32 AM »
April 16, 2013: AP Mike vs. Mad Men.

Before I listen to the show, can anyone tell me if Mike spoils the most recent episode of Mad Men (S6E3?) It only aired in the UK on Wednesday night and I have it DVR'd to watch. If so I'll just watch that before I fire up the show.

"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9879 on: April 18, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »
No spoilers. You're safe.
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

mike a

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9880 on: April 19, 2013, 11:18:46 AM »
Jen Kirkman's reference to "DBGB" sent me down an Internet rabbit hole.  In the process, I came across the following Bon Jovi lyric:

“They called us Dirty Harry, we were a punk rock band.
Why they sold off CBGB’s, I don’t understand,
all that’s left now are the t-shirts and they come from Japan.”

Some points to consider:
1)  CBGB was sold because Hilly Kristal didn't buy the building when he had the chance.  The rent went up and he couldn't afford it.
2)  Come on, Jon Bon Jovi never went to CBGB in his life.  You know he was more a L'Amour guy, or more specifically the Union Jack in South River NJ.  Just because he and Bobby Ebz came from Sayreville doesn't mean they shared interests.
3)  Point #2 is supported by the band name "Dirty Harry," which sounds more like a Jersey Shore cover band than an actual punk act.

InspectorHound

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9881 on: April 19, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »
Zach Galiafinakis: The Thinking Man's Pauly Shore

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9882 on: April 20, 2013, 07:03:11 AM »
I like that Tom's ice cream ''problem'' came up again, I myself suffer from a potato crisp addiction that's hurt others around me.
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9883 on: April 20, 2013, 09:24:36 AM »
Oh, I also very much enjoyed Kirkman's "shock humor".
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9884 on: April 20, 2013, 12:16:09 PM »
That's not to say there weren't great things. The red line over the Charles is spectacular every single time. I took an economics class on the Harvard campus as part of their community program. I introduced one of my friends to a girl at The Burren and they're now married. My wife and I secreted our way into Fenway Park in the winter when they were doing construction. I also, another time, hung out in the Fenway bullpen and used the bathroom. My roommate and I spent so much of our time watching the Celts and the 7 Seconds or Less Suns. I saw Harry Shearer talk do a Q&A at the Coolidge Corner Theater only about Spinal Tap.  But, still, the bad cloud that I was in defined my time up there.

The last time I visited was this past winter when my brother did a show up in Somerville. It was amazing weather for the season. We had such an amazing time and it was a completely perfect weekend. When we were up there, we briefly talked about moving up there -- I don't think we will because of jobs and our roots are here and the cost of living is still crazy up there. I completely fell in love with Boston and wish I felt that way about the area when I actually lived there.

Thanks for your kind words Greggulator. It's been a surreal week up here. Particularly yesterday with us under lock down while the cops were hunting for these maniacs. On a personal note, I worked near the marathon, I also work part time in Watertown where the 2nd one was hunted for, and these two dangerous idiots lived 2 blocks away from me in Cambridge so all the landmarks of my current life were being played out on my tv. Glad it's over.

the Best: Tom sticking up to AP Mike for us Mad Men fans. Mike- you're great and I love the Sopranos but there are an awful lot of duuuumb dream/coma sequences in that show that kind of take it down a notch or two from perfection. The one thing I don't like about Mad Men is Don Draper as Super Stud. Isn't it about time he starts to look like he's aging and passe? 

and the "You're all clear kid now let's blow this thing and get outta here!"

and thanks for YOUR kind words, Tom
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!