Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2819280 times)

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10650 on: November 22, 2013, 08:08:57 PM »
While we're on the subject of the call by Fredericks, using glue to clean records is a thing people do:

http://lifehacker.com/5495614/use-wood-glue-to-clean-and-restore-old-lps
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

DaveFoster

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10651 on: November 22, 2013, 08:17:28 PM »
are you sure it was the guy from woodstock...?  i remember his voice, but i am pretty sure he has been drunk and angry every time he's called.  like i think he was saying how he liked julie klausner and how tom is a jerk.  then tom made fun of him for slurring and being drunk and it kinda went the same way.  the dude from woodstock was spacier.

Not 100% sure, but it really sounded like him a lot to me.

My thoughts are the Woodstock guy was goofy,  lighthearted and kind of funny.  This guy just seemed like a drunk dullard. Side note, I went to a Pearl Jam concert In Berkeley in 93 with a Fred Foster.  Never had met him before and I never did see him again. (Went with a mutual friend) After the concert we had some Ethiopian food. It was great.  Haven't had it since.  Was Mike just not screening calls??

Only an hour in can't wait for Kurt Vile. Love him on that You Tube clip where he sings "do you believe in fairy magic"

dave in the yard

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10652 on: November 22, 2013, 08:49:56 PM »
are you sure it was the guy from woodstock...?  i remember his voice, but i am pretty sure he has been drunk and angry every time he's called.  like i think he was saying how he liked julie klausner and how tom is a jerk.  then tom made fun of him for slurring and being drunk and it kinda went the same way.  the dude from woodstock was spacier.

My thoughts are the Woodstock guy was goofy,  lighthearted and kind of funny.  This guy just seemed like a drunk dullard. Side note, I went to a Pearl Jam concert In Berkeley in 93 with a Fred Foster.  Never had met him before and I never did see him again. (Went with a mutual friend) After the concert we had some Ethiopian food. It was great.  Haven't had it since.  Was Mike just not screening calls??

Only an hour in can't wait for Kurt Vile. Love him on that You Tube clip where he sings "do you believe in fairy magic"

heres that dude! dec.7 2010.  one hour, 15 minutes in.  http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=38363&archive=65463

bachwards

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10653 on: November 24, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »

heres that dude! dec.7 2010.  one hour, 15 minutes in.  http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=38363&archive=65463
Also at 1:10 here from the impressions show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVg0c9Rl4k

DaveFoster

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10654 on: November 24, 2013, 05:01:23 PM »
Good one Dave.  I think I just heard a "Best Show" open for the first time.  Nice.  Excellent episode this one.  Kurt's song was fantastic especially the second half. You want your Hogie, Billy, Fred, Jason, Gary.  Gary realizing he's only weeks away from obscurity.  Ha!  Love hearing that little squirrel eat some humble pie.  And, being told ironically by AP Mike.  Kurt breaking down Billy's lyrics ... Best Show!

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #10655 on: November 27, 2013, 01:28:27 PM »
The Roger Scharpling call was fantastic.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10656 on: November 27, 2013, 02:35:37 PM »
"You gave Steven Van Zandt noogies?  Like on his scarf?"
"Yeah."

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10657 on: November 27, 2013, 05:03:44 PM »
What a night of beef squashin'

"It's in the jerk bucket!  Hey Mike, what if Seinfeld- season 15- talked about 'the jerk bucket'?"

What a great show, great conversation with Kurt Braunhoeler and "Macs" (never thought he'd use the toilet talk). 
"I don't think I operate this luggage with the same kind of anger as Mike."  And all the dropped bombs from "Father"'s call.  Apparently Maurice Kerns is, as someone in the chat mentioned, Gary Oldman from "The Fifth Element".

Worst things: the guy with the question about a radio show from 1993 and the collage having to get cut short when it was on awesome groove.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10658 on: November 27, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
Garrison Keillor's voicemail.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10659 on: November 28, 2013, 04:17:53 PM »
I guffawed at the Jo Nesbo reference.

InspectorHound

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10660 on: November 30, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »
Mike asking "Whose drawers are these?"

fredfoster

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10661 on: November 30, 2013, 01:42:18 PM »

That was hilarious!

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10662 on: December 01, 2013, 01:37:40 AM »
The show cuts off right when he was getting into the Pete Holmes thing, anybody know what i missed?

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10663 on: December 01, 2013, 08:03:46 AM »
There's another four minutes and change. There's a call at the end that sent me into a fit of laughter. The podcast version has the missing minutes.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10664 on: December 01, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »
There's another four minutes and change. There's a call at the end that sent me into a fit of laughter. The podcast version has the missing minutes.

Cool thanks.