Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818946 times)

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11385 on: June 03, 2015, 10:42:16 AM »
On what other show could things have converged to bring about something like that Charley Morgan call? NO OTHER SHOW.

MAGIC!
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

scsiduck

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11386 on: June 03, 2015, 11:11:08 AM »
"You could learn a lot about Lincoln from that movie!"

mackro

« Reply #11387 on: June 03, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »
Grand slam of a show. Yo La Tengo's low key sarcasm was a perfect complement to Tom's energy -- James being the mixture of both. Very comfortable and entertaining all the way through.

So many best moments. My favorite was the Brad call. I'm still wondering: self sabotage? or truly missing the concept of Tom?

The only bummer was not hearing Dudio laugh in the background, which I've grown accustomed to and love, but he obviously gets a pass for celebrating his wife's b-day last night and getting a break.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11388 on: June 03, 2015, 11:46:06 AM »
"He looked nothing like a kitty cat!"
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11389 on: June 03, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
"Hider in the House."

"Isn't that about Tiger Woods?"

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11390 on: June 03, 2015, 01:31:25 PM »
The creep who demanded that Tom pay attention to his call was even worse than the 'cute vandalism' guy from last week. Have these dopes ever listened to the show before?

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11391 on: June 03, 2015, 02:01:15 PM »
On what other show could things have converged to bring about something like that Charley Morgan call? NO OTHER SHOW.

MAGIC!

That was very funny when after the Charley Morgan call, Tom was like, maybe I don't want him to call back. I'd like the hear from him again, so funny that his daughter is a listener.

Crusherkc

« Reply #11392 on: June 03, 2015, 02:52:18 PM »
Worst: some of those calls towards the end were not so hot, especially Brad.

Best: the fascinating new territory explored by the Charley Morgan phone call. It came out of nowhere, perplexed us as to whether it was real or a goof (real it turns out), Tom's charming take on the #DeleteMASH issue- anyone else might have stood his ground and take the coarse unfunny tack of taking down his father's TV show which wouldn't have been intresting at all, his call overshadowing a rare Spike call.  He has 4 films to his credit: Paul Thomas Anderson, Spielberg, and Martin Scorsese films and an episode of The Sopranos "Remember When" where  I think he plays the guy Uncle June bullies in the assisted living residence during their poker games.  I'd love to hear from him again.  He'd also be perfect for "I Was There Too" podcast.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Mike Desert

« Reply #11393 on: June 03, 2015, 03:16:56 PM »
Great Show... YLT "Superfan" was hilarious.  I don't know much about YLA but that's funny they have a song named after a Sgt Bilko character
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

Gleepglop

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11394 on: June 03, 2015, 05:30:33 PM »
"Hider in the House."

"Isn't that about Tiger Woods?"
Was just coming here to post that. The best.

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11395 on: June 03, 2015, 07:15:55 PM »
some of the regular callers are calling too much imo and it's noticable as their call quality is decreasing. one of them has called almost every week and its getting dreadful

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #11396 on: June 03, 2015, 07:25:48 PM »
"I did try to show my children the proper way to maneuver a skateboard. I'd had a couple of glasses of wine, and it was a quick trip up to St. John's Hospital." -- Mr. Charley Morgan

More generally, the suggestion by CM that there was a steady influx of later-in-life, ill-advised skateboard lesson-giving casualties in L.A.-area hospitals.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11397 on: June 03, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »
Guys I know you've already talked about this, but I just wanna say Tom's dressing down of the Mattress Man was the hardest I've laughed in a very long time. I was DYING. The second the guy said they threw mattresses in pools I went "Oh NO. NOT OKAY!NOT CUTE!" Hearing Tom destroy this man was the highlight of my week.

As for this week's show, I haven't finished it yet, but so far a highlight is Tom's Spike impression: "I'm intrigued..."
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11398 on: June 04, 2015, 12:01:22 AM »
You wouldn't believe how many times I've tried to work in "all up in your chili" into everyday conversations since Tuesday.

Izapunter

« Reply #11399 on: June 04, 2015, 05:59:09 AM »
Tom to Spike, "Karaoke, would you do karaoke?"  "Nah" ...........