Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2900188 times)

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11655 on: September 11, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »
Watched Two Step and it's great.  The main bad guy especially- really one of the most repellant characters ever from the moment he appears on screen.

Where did you find it? It's not on Optimum On Demand.

Amazon On Demand.

josh c

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11656 on: September 12, 2015, 05:48:38 PM »
When Tom was on TURNED OUT A PUNK, I dreamt of the day Damien was a full-blown guest on TBS. So this week's episode was totally for me. Fucked Up in studio would be A+.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11657 on: September 13, 2015, 04:47:57 AM »
That David Cross video they mentioned, he looks like one of his characters from Mr. Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=27&v=Fq0CoYdAeVM

The Yonge Street thing on SCTV too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPFAAGC0Jxo

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11658 on: September 17, 2015, 12:09:21 PM »
The 50 Greatest Animals Episode was really great!  I think it's noteworthy because it makes a really good "First Best Show" candidate for getting new listeners on board. It has almost every trademark of the show. It's only missing the Bad Companying.

The Newbridge call was short and powerful.  When Toby lost it early on, it was already an instant classic. 

The good callers were great, and the dud callers flamed out big time.

My favorite moments, Newbridge aside:
* the very first caller who nominated "Lou Reed, the original Rock N Roll Animal", and what followed.
* Tom riffing on people who recommend Voodoo Donuts every time Portland OR comes up in conversation. "But it's got BAAAAAAAAAAAACON ON IT!" (THANK YOU! I love Portland, but Voodoo Donuts is so overrated.)
* Tom's reaction when someone on Twitter (Tom Dracula!) brought up Shithead from The Jerk.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11659 on: September 17, 2015, 12:34:28 PM »
I haven't finished the show yet, but I hope someone suggested the mohawked dog Dozer from the Mr. T cartoon.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

laura from brooklyn

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11660 on: September 17, 2015, 06:34:36 PM »
Has the 50 Greatest Animals list been posted? Apologies if I missed it somewhere obvious... Thanks!

El Drano

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11661 on: September 18, 2015, 11:12:35 AM »
HHOP

Cyber Bullied on Linked In by APMike... hahahahahhahahahahaha... so funny.   

I wish the half hour lasted longer.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #11662 on: September 18, 2015, 03:36:37 PM »
Jon posted this photo on Facebook.

"Rachel Demy captures Gibbard and Harmer's post-show perusal of Best Show correspondent Toby Rafelson's review of Death Cab's concert Tuesday night at the Newbridge Rock Music and Entertainment Pavilion."

Timmmmmmmm

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11663 on: September 18, 2015, 06:09:23 PM »
Definitely the Sh*thead/Stupid conversation. Went to Twitter, found the ToddDracula post, laughed some more. Amazing.

Crusherkc

« Reply #11664 on: September 18, 2015, 07:56:18 PM »
fave: [old cell phone ringtone] "Yeah whosh diish?" [old cell phone ringtone] "Yeah whosh diish?" [old cell phone ringtone] "Yeah whosh diish?"

-Tom doing Tony Soprano. "People who think he was killed at the end are DUUUUUUMB-AH"
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

amc19

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11665 on: September 18, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »
Oh my goodness the Half Hour of Power this week was next level. Bear knuckled boxing! Cyber bullying! It had it all.

norfolk

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11666 on: September 23, 2015, 06:25:36 PM »
Kevin McDonald- the Canadian Andy Kindler? Million-mile-an-hour schtick interrupted my self-castigation and apologies. He was my favorite cast member too, and I loved him on the Best Show.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11667 on: September 23, 2015, 06:47:13 PM »
Yeah, the Kevin interview was one for the highlight reel.  Great stuff, hopefully the illustrious Tavie can facilitate interviews with the rest of the Kids??

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11668 on: September 23, 2015, 07:17:10 PM »
Kevin McDonald- the Canadian Andy Kindler? Million-mile-an-hour schtick interrupted my self-castigation and apologies. He was my favorite cast member too, and I loved him on the Best Show.

I thought the same thing! That interview was just amazing, Kevin was so effortlessly funny, that insane asylum joke was so quick and casual it made me laugh so much I had to pause the show.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

mackro

« Reply #11669 on: September 23, 2015, 08:48:11 PM »
Great episode!  Weird if only for Keith & The Girl...  I like that the Best Show is willing to experiment, and have guests on that aren't an expected fit for the show as guests, and get listeners out of the comfort zone... I remember when Tom was a guest on Keith & The Girl almost a year ago, and it was jarring to hear the other spectrum of the live-podcast world, and still hear everyone involved get to a common ground and have a good time. Same with this episode. Tom, Keith, and Chemda are all such strong personalities, so it was more intense than normal. I liked that!

Kevin McDonald.. oh my god! That could have gone on for another 2 hours, and I wouldn't have noticed, it was so fun. His KITH characters are pretty similar to him in real life, as far as energy. I really hope he has the free pass to call back the Best Show whenever just like Andy Kindler.

But honestly? I thought the open calls at the end was the best part of the episode. That whole coda to the show was a true high point in Tom vs. callers Best Show history.  The BODEANS PEEPER... I could not believe what I was hearing.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot Toronto's Sex Dwarf Alex!  That whole call!