Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2819166 times)

dbharps

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11910 on: February 29, 2016, 09:06:08 PM »
Young Holden prophesied that he would call each week and thus far his word has held true

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11911 on: March 01, 2016, 12:39:12 AM »
Worst part last week and week before is definitely that little jerk "Holden"....
Holden seems okay to me. 

Please give me a couple of reasons why your holding the opinion that he's a jerk?

I'm open to being persuaded.

"You excited Girls is coming back?"
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

Kurz

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11912 on: March 01, 2016, 06:26:05 AM »
Young Holden prophesied that he would call each week and thus far his word has held true
You're saying Holden's holding to his word?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11913 on: March 01, 2016, 01:57:32 PM »

"Prophesy/ied" is one of the English language's funniest words.

McVicker Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophecies of a great plague.

Beavis Oh... yeah. Sorry 'bout that.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11914 on: March 02, 2016, 11:30:15 AM »
I will speak to Holden's dad the next time Holden calls.

Well?

tonyh

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11915 on: March 02, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »
Tom mentioned that he needed help from listeners for three things. One was something about a crater? Does anyone know what that was?

norfolk

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11916 on: March 02, 2016, 05:04:24 PM »

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11917 on: March 02, 2016, 06:34:14 PM »
Worst part last week and week before is definitely that little jerk "Holden"....
Holden seems okay to me. 

Please give me a couple of reasons why your holding the opinion that he's a jerk?

I'm open to being persuaded.

"You excited Girls is coming back?"

Ha, that got me too.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11918 on: March 02, 2016, 07:31:06 PM »
We need weirdos like little Holden to call in to annoy the p*ss out of the audience, because we no longer have James and Spike and "Hernando Biggie" calling in being those telephonic annoyances.

What depressed me on the March 1 show is how burnt out Tom sounded with Gail, the weariness with life. Is Tom really that burnt out, Mike?

(Modified to be somewhat FCC friendly.)

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11919 on: March 02, 2016, 08:19:36 PM »
We need weirdos like little Holden to call in to annoy the p*ss out of the audience, because we no longer have James and Spike and "Hernando Biggie" calling in being those telephonic annoyances.

What depressed me on the March 1 show is how burnt out Tom sounded with Gail, the weariness with life. Is Tom really that burnt out, Mike?

(Modified to be somewhat FCC friendly.)

Oh my god, "You got Jamesed"--I miss that dude. And I wouldn't count Spike out completely. I feel a call coming on soon.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11920 on: March 02, 2016, 08:22:04 PM »
By the way, Holden has tightened up his game big time. I'm pro Holden now.

claedalus

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11921 on: March 02, 2016, 09:52:00 PM »
Didn't Tom admit to fabricating reports of James' horrible toupee last night? I felt so betrayed...
Build that website brah

WesleyfromLondon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11922 on: March 03, 2016, 08:12:39 PM »
I don't wanna sound like a jerk in any way but Tom's been pretty down on the show lately and I'm worried that it might turn off new listeners. I started listening in the podcast era, around last june, and i don't know if i would've gotten into the show as much as i have if the first episode I listened to was someone talking about how the show is a failure. I love the show and I want to to succeed so I don't want new listeners to get scared off or anything.

trudreck

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11923 on: March 04, 2016, 04:17:24 AM »
i love THE BEST SHOW more than almost anything there is! it is so riotously funny & inventive on such a consistent basis that it is no wonder tom wonders where the swarming millions are !! obviously, i want nothing but the best for tom & i hope he finds happiness however he can.
but speaking personally, this is my favourite ever era of the show. i've failed in ways that are harder & more debilitating than tom (uhh not that it's a contest ...) & it is so refreshing to hear somebody speaking openly about the fear that no matter how good their art is, no matter how loyal their fan base is, it may just not be enough. most of the podcasts i've become attached to go soft eventually. THE BEST SHOW never has, & the fact that a decade+ in & tom is only getting scrappier, hungrier, angrier (not to mention funnier), but also openly self-pitying & resentful ... i just can't express how cool & unique that is to me.
anyway, it is probably only my warped value system because i find life to be a waking nightmare ... but i like this dark era of THE BEST SHOW. of course it's completely rational to be concerned or bummed out by it, but people's responses made me wanna offer my perspective. I CAN PROMISE ALMOST NOTHING IN LIFE BUT I CAN PROMISE #BESTSHOW4LIFE. there was a time when i was committed at a mental facility & my girlfriend would sneak in an old 2000s era 8GB ipod with episodes of THE BEST SHOW on it for me ... the show has brought me laffs when i thought there were no laffs to be had. i love the emotional openness of recent episodes, but no matter how the show changes, i will always love it and always be there.

agent_jimmy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11924 on: March 04, 2016, 09:23:51 AM »
don't worry about it. let tom do what tom wants to do. it's his show. if he's not worried about turning off listeners you shouldn't be either. just listen and enjoy the ride....

I don't wanna sound like a jerk in any way but Tom's been pretty down on the show lately and I'm worried that it might turn off new listeners. I started listening in the podcast era, around last june, and i don't know if i would've gotten into the show as much as i have if the first episode I listened to was someone talking about how the show is a failure. I love the show and I want to to succeed so I don't want new listeners to get scared off or anything.