Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 911756 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #720 on: May 20, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »
I can't buy into a general "animals are better than people", but I can honestly say I love my dog. Pepper, if you're wondering.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #721 on: May 20, 2009, 01:45:15 PM »
Pets aren't devious, or malevolent, or uncaring like quite a few people I have encountered over the years. On the contrary, pets are loyal and affectionate. This is why I appreciate animals.

I don't know if animals are better than people. I do think, however, that animals treat people better than people treat other people.

Just my thoughts.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #722 on: May 20, 2009, 01:46:44 PM »
I don't understand why you're getting so worked up. I just said that I don't get it, you can believe whatever you want.

However you feel about animals, less than 24hrs after Dogmo died is not an especially good time to be going off about it on the forum.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #723 on: May 21, 2009, 04:02:45 PM »
"Good times, good times" - it's the catchphrase that refuses to die.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #724 on: May 21, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »
Similarly: "It's all good!"

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #725 on: May 21, 2009, 04:13:50 PM »
Times when it is appropriate to block traffic to wait for a parking space:  ZERO.  IT IS NEVER APPROPRIATE TO DO THAT.

I don't fucking care if it means you're not going to be able to park at all.  I don't care if it means you're going to be late to something.  Boo-fucking-hoo. It better be life or death, you selfish little shit.

Pidgeon

« Reply #726 on: May 21, 2009, 04:14:45 PM »
Pets aren't devious, or malevolent, or uncaring like quite a few people I have encountered over the years. On the contrary, pets are loyal and affectionate. This is why I appreciate animals.

I don't know if animals are better than people. I do think, however, that animals treat people better than people treat other people.

Just my thoughts.

Maybe it's the people with "George Carlin/Bill Hicks views of the world" that annoy me (not saying that you're one, don't get the wrong idea), but I've always been pretty indifferent to animals.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #727 on: May 21, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »

Maybe it's the people with "George Carlin/Bill Hicks views of the world" that annoy me (not saying that you're one, don't get the wrong idea), but I've always been pretty indifferent to animals.

Yup. We got it. You don't need to bring it up a fifth time.

Pidgeon

« Reply #728 on: May 21, 2009, 04:38:17 PM »
Jeez, touchy subject  8)

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #729 on: May 23, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
I hate it when the sad excuse for the Baltimore Sun's Sunday paper doesn't include my precious coupons. Bastards!
from the land of pleasant living

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #730 on: May 23, 2009, 11:48:21 AM »
I hate it when the sad excuse for the Baltimore Sun's Sunday paper doesn't include my precious coupons. Bastards!

Clearly this should be the first story arc of the Wire "webisode" sequels.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Come on, Jason

« Reply #731 on: May 23, 2009, 12:28:25 PM »
Fuck you, guy who made "$70" zombie movie that got invited to Cannes.

I'm sure it's an awful movie, but it didn't cost $70, it cost THOUSANDS, you just got young actors and Craigslist strangers to donate their time and equipment so that you could be known as the $70 filmmaker.  People like you make it near impossible for about any non-union film person to ever get paid for anything.  What, you didn't even feed them?  Did they all have to bring sandwiches?  I mean it's one thing to say, "hey I made a movie on the cheap and conned actors into thinking it would help their career", but to do that and say "Yes, the whole thing only cost me 70 bucks"  is just throwing dirt in the face of the people whose talent you've already exploited for free.

You suck and zombie movies suck and you're ruining independent film from the bottom.

Enjoy your fifteen minutes, cuz next year I'm gonna make a 70 dollar movie about fucking your mom.

(For that project, by the way, I still need a steadicam operator, two grips, and an entire post-production staff.  No pay, but GREAT exposure!)

Pidgeon

« Reply #732 on: May 23, 2009, 12:39:57 PM »
Ugh, I'm zombie-d out.

The only thing worse than watching a zombie movie is hearing your friends talk about zombies.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #733 on: May 23, 2009, 12:40:59 PM »
fuck you back speakers of my '97 honda.  

how am i supposed to ignore the crackle you inherited overnite when im listening to my jams?  (because why would i want to spend the money to buy NEW speakers??  youre old.)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #734 on: May 23, 2009, 10:09:26 PM »
I'm angry at numbers.