Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 911755 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #1020 on: September 16, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »
Everything, lately.

I gotta snap out of it.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1021 on: September 16, 2009, 03:54:19 PM »
Out of habit, I just turned and talked to his empty desk. THIS SUCKS ASS.
from the land of pleasant living

kittykittymeowmixhead

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1022 on: September 16, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
Erika, why was he fired?

I wish I had a job.  :'(

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1023 on: September 16, 2009, 04:35:02 PM »
I'm not really sure. I have the feeling his position is going to be absorbed by other people here or they're going to hire someone cheaper.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1024 on: September 22, 2009, 01:44:32 AM »
When you catch the eye of a busker and they play their guitar at you and you can't escape.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1025 on: September 22, 2009, 10:07:39 AM »
But when the band plays "Hail to the Chief" they point the cannon at you.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1026 on: September 29, 2009, 12:17:09 PM »
People who have absolutely no clue about anything, yet have strong opinions (and power to enforce them) about everything. (In this case, people = editors.)

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1027 on: September 29, 2009, 10:57:30 PM »
In my experience the more passionate and outspoken you are about a topic, the less likely you know about all aspects of it.

Editors do seem like dicks.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1028 on: September 30, 2009, 11:39:25 AM »
Potential employers who think because I've been doing something the past few years, that's all I'll ever be able to do or want to do. Why would I be looking for a job in that case?

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1029 on: September 30, 2009, 04:55:46 PM »
Lots of reasons
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1030 on: September 30, 2009, 05:17:13 PM »
I saw a perennial favorite of mine today, the old "Not responsible for broken windows" sign on a gravel truck.  It's a sign I would have on my gravel truck if I were a gravel truck driver, in that it makes sure cars stay back--cars should stay about a car length per 10 mph behind any vehicle.

That said, I once had my windshield chipped by gravel from a gravel truck, and I was many many car lengths behind this fucking gravel truck.  More than the usual safe distance.  This gravel truck was just spewing gravel all over the place.

What, do you think your dumb sign gives you a license to be irresponsible? Your sign has no effect, gravel truck drivers.  Just putting up a sign doesn't change reality.  You are responsible for your loose gravel.  Face facts.  I wish I wish I sued the gravel company and got an injunction against that stupid, misleading sign.

Also, I hope everyone knows that "not for resale" notices are worthless.  If you own it, and you're not in some "I agree not to resell this" contract (which you're probably not), you can resell anything you want.  It's yours.  You also do not need express written permission to make fair use of footage from major league baseball games.  But be prepared to go to court on that one.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1031 on: September 30, 2009, 05:43:25 PM »
They fired someone else today. Fucking Wednesdays. Always at 11AM, too. Such BS!!! Do that shit at the end of the week or at least at the end of the day.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1032 on: September 30, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »
Also, "minimum $7 to use credit card" = bullshit.  Credit card issuers do not allow that sort of nonsense.  If you take credit cards, you take credit cards.  It's in your fucking agreement.

If they won't let you use a credit card for any purchase you want to make, just threaten to call the card issuer.  VISA/MC/AmEx take that shit seriously.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1033 on: September 30, 2009, 06:07:42 PM »
Also, "minimum $7 to use credit card" = bullshit.  Credit card issuers do not allow that sort of nonsense.  If you take credit cards, you take credit cards.  It's in your fucking agreement.

If they won't let you use a credit card for any purchase you want to make, just threaten to call the card issuer.  VISA/MC/AmEx take that shit seriously.

Do credit card companies have a per-transaction fee?  I worked at a place that had a "$5 minimum," but the owner was not able to give a coherent reason why. (Note: 5% of $2.50 plus 5% of $2.50 is the same as 5% of $5.)

I assume they're just trying to make extra sales.

If there is a per-transaction fee I don't understand why they don't just batch their transactions.

At the same time, would it be a violation of the merchant agreement to kick people out who insist on using a credit card for everything?  You take the card and then ban them for life.  I guess it would be.

It is perfectly legal to refuse payment in pennies or any other form of cash, I might say.  "Legal tender" just means that if I owe you a debt and offer to pay you in cash, you can't sue me.  But I can refuse to enter a transaction with you (and thus prevent any indebtedness on either side) if you plan to pay with cash.  If the customer merely has an item in his hand at the register it's not "his" yet and thus there's no debt, and so the merchant can refuse payment in cash.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1034 on: September 30, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »
Lots of reasons

Yeah that's true. Like I need money for heroin and stuff.