Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 911739 times)

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #1035 on: October 02, 2009, 11:34:11 AM »
Ran completely out of groceries. No one in my house willing to give me a ride to the supermarket. I have like an end piece of bread and maybe a scoop of ice cream. That can last a weekend, right?

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1036 on: October 02, 2009, 11:53:13 AM »
Ice cream sandwich
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Dan B

« Reply #1037 on: October 02, 2009, 12:35:29 PM »
Ice cream sandwich
It'll have to be open face though. Or I could fold the piece of bread I guess.

Reeleyes

« Reply #1038 on: October 02, 2009, 08:52:48 PM »
I hate that so many American acquaintances have started conspicuously using British-isms recently:

-"Cheers"
-"Mucking about"
-"When I was at university..."
-"Brilliant"
-"shite"
-"a proper _____"
-"colour"
-"arse"
-"get a pint"
-"dodgy"

Is it okay to slap these people?

You forgot "my lady" my least favorite.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1039 on: October 03, 2009, 10:39:45 AM »
'Spot on' grates on my nerves.

I hate that so many American acquaintances have started conspicuously using British-isms recently:

-"Cheers"
-"Mucking about"
-"When I was at university..."
-"Brilliant"
-"shite"
-"a proper _____"
-"colour"
-"arse"
-"get a pint"
-"dodgy"

Is it okay to slap these people?

You forgot "my lady" my least favorite.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1040 on: October 03, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »
This thread makes me afraid to say or do anything.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1041 on: October 03, 2009, 12:27:15 PM »

Mission accomplished.  Lock it down.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Reeleyes

« Reply #1042 on: October 03, 2009, 01:37:06 PM »

I hate that.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1043 on: October 03, 2009, 04:07:27 PM »
Having to listen to my friend talk about her child's militant nap schedule.

I don't care anymore. If you can't go do social things because the kid has to nap at the same times every day, that's fine. Just STOP involving me in your decision-making process. Not everyone believes a 14 month-old has to go to bed at 6:30 each and every night. Some people bring their children to weddings and dinners and other social events or let them fall asleep in the car. I am tired of having to agree with you just to make you feel better about this mania. Chill out and let the kid get used to shit. Or keep him on "the schedule". Either way just stop talking about it constantly because we all know that as a person without children, I'm not allowed to voice any criticism -- or in this case -- my true opinion on the matter.
from the land of pleasant living

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1044 on: October 03, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »
I didn't enjoy people telling me it was too hot or cold for my baby. Stay out of my business, non-baby-having jerks.

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1045 on: October 03, 2009, 04:49:40 PM »

Do credit card companies have a per-transaction fee?  I worked at a place that had a "$5 minimum," but the owner was not able to give a coherent reason why. (Note: 5% of $2.50 plus 5% of $2.50 is the same as 5% of $5.)

I assume they're just trying to make extra sales.

I think some places have to pay something like a dollar per credit card transaction.  So they impose a minimum CC payment themselves.  

I went to buy an item at a convenience store that was something like $4.65.  I went to pay with my card and he tells me "We can't take credit cards if it's under $5."  Then he says "Well, we CAN.  But we don't want to."  

You don't want to?  I wanted to walk out of the store without paying so he'd say "Sir, you have to pay for that!"  Then I'd say "Well, I can.  But I don't want to."  
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1046 on: October 04, 2009, 09:12:10 AM »
The chick my boss is going to marry.  She used to work with me, but left for grad school and comes back to visit occasionally.  All the people up top love her but she chooses who she likes and doesn't like of the newer people.  I'm one of the people she doesn't like and I've known her for 3 long years.  I knew she didn't like me the second we met.  We have a "family environment" so she comes to all the parties and gives me hugs and stuff but it's clear she doesn't like me. 

Last night, she was around and I congratulated her on her engagement.  She thanked me and I asked to look at her ring.  She showed me and it was pretty.  I told her she was going to make a beautiful bride, which is true.  She replies, "We'll see."  WTF?  What does that mean?  F you.
Doing it Mentos style.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1047 on: October 04, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »
Having to listen to my friend talk about her child's militant nap schedule.

I don't care anymore. If you can't go do social things because the kid has to nap at the same times every day, that's fine. Just STOP involving me in your decision-making process. Not everyone believes a 14 month-old has to go to bed at 6:30 each and every night. Some people bring their children to weddings and dinners and other social events or let them fall asleep in the car. I am tired of having to agree with you just to make you feel better about this mania. Chill out and let the kid get used to shit. Or keep him on "the schedule". Either way just stop talking about it constantly because we all know that as a person without children, I'm not allowed to voice any criticism -- or in this case -- my true opinion on the matter.

You are so right.

Chill out, parents. Your kid will still be OK even if you're not stressing out 24/7. It might even help.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1048 on: October 08, 2009, 02:45:06 PM »
Several times a week at my work cafeteria, I'm subjected to someone in the check-out line attempting a conversation with the cashier where they throw in whatever Spanish words they happen to know (the cashier speaks perfect English).  She just has to smile and treat these people like children ("that's very good!")

An example from this morning:

Lady: "Buenas deeyas"
Cashier: "Hi, haven't seen you around in a while"
Lady: "I've been busy with my trabahjo since June, how do you say "June"?
Cashier: "Junio"
Lady: "Juneau"

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1049 on: October 10, 2009, 03:41:56 PM »
Saw Tom's tweet today and I wholeheartedly agree about Nikki Finke. She's the worst part about Hollywood where she embodies entertainment as purely a business. Whenever I've read stuff linked to her site, it makes me think she probably hasn't see a movie in like 12 years or watched a show in ages.