Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 911714 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #1110 on: November 17, 2009, 10:16:16 PM »
I hate having a boss yell at me about how disappointed she is in me and how I ruined everything for her.

I really, really hate that.

Did she jump up and down and squinch up her face?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

DoodleJump!

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1111 on: November 17, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »
haha! It was over the phone, which I think was a good thing.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

oncegompedtwiceshy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1112 on: November 18, 2009, 02:03:29 AM »
Unrelenting heartburn. I woke up with it this morning. A day's worth of tums and glasses of milk later, its still here.

Sarah

« Reply #1113 on: November 18, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »
Here's a remedy I learned from a fellow who did me much wrong but whom I can't hate entirely because of this gift:  Mix some distilled white vinegar with a half cup of water, add enough vinegar baking soda to cause a spirited fizzing, and swallow the concoction at one go.  As someone who has suffered from heartburn every day for more than thirty years, I can attest that this calms the worst attacks.  Plus the violent burping is a lot of fun.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1114 on: November 18, 2009, 12:37:28 PM »
Here's a remedy I learned from a fellow who did me much wrong but whom I can't hate entirely because of this gift:  Mix some distilled white vinegar with a half cup of water, add enough vinegar to cause a spirited fizzing, and swallow the concoction at one go.  As someone who has suffered from heartburn every day for more than thirty years, I can attest that this calms the worst attacks.  Plus the violent burping is a lot of fun.

Is one of these vinegars supposed to be baking soda (or something else?)

Sarah

« Reply #1115 on: November 18, 2009, 01:05:11 PM »
Yes.  The second vinegar should be baking soda.  A thousand apologies.

oncegompedtwiceshy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1116 on: November 18, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »
Gonna try it soley for the violent burps

Sarah

« Reply #1117 on: November 18, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
You won't regret it.  Mix up a batch and go to a solemn church service.  It'll be a läff.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1118 on: November 18, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »
Unrelenting heartburn. I woke up with it this morning. A day's worth of tums and glasses of milk later, its still here.

I believe I already recommended just licking some Baking Soda from the palm of your hand.
Not much jolly belching, however, if you do it before a mirror you can watch yourself make funny faces.
Then you feel better.
Also avoid raw vegetables for a couple weeks.  Raw foods cause your stomach to build up extra acid to break down them down. Frequently the extra acid sneaks up to dissolve the lining of your esophagus.

Sincerely,
Dr. Fredericks
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

oncegompedtwiceshy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1119 on: November 18, 2009, 05:37:12 PM »

I believe I already recommended just licking some Baking Soda from the palm of your hand.
Not much jolly belching, however, if you do it before a mirror you can watch yourself make funny faces.
Then you feel better.
Also avoid raw vegetables for a couple weeks.  Raw foods cause your stomach to build up extra acid to break down them down. Frequently the extra acid sneaks up to dissolve the lining of your esophagus.

Sincerely,
Dr. Fredericks
Astute analysis Doc. I recently became a vegetarian and my lunches for the past few weeks have consisted of salads made of raw fruits or vegetables. It was either that or the malt liquor I was drinking monday night. Your insight will not go unnoticed.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1120 on: November 18, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »

Then you feel better.

Sincerely,
Dr. Fredericks
Astute analysis Doc. I recently became a vegetarian and my lunches for the past few weeks have consisted of salads made of raw fruits or vegetables. It was either that or the malt liquor I was drinking monday night. Your insight will not go unnoticed.

Highly doubtful that the malt liquor (after such a short period of indulgence) would do that to you.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1121 on: November 18, 2009, 08:55:23 PM »
Here's a remedy I learned from a fellow who did me much wrong but whom I can't hate entirely because of this gift:  Mix some distilled white vinegar with a half cup of water, add enough vinegar baking soda to cause a spirited fizzing, and swallow the concoction at one go.  As someone who has suffered from heartburn every day for more than thirty years, I can attest that this calms the worst attacks.  Plus the violent burping is a lot of fun.

How much is "some"?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1122 on: November 18, 2009, 09:23:07 PM »

How much is "some"?

Dave, "Some" =  about size of a Buffalo nickel.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1123 on: November 18, 2009, 10:23:58 PM »
Is it ironic that I'm listening to Tom play a song I really like from the She & Him CD?  Considering it's the thing that prompted me to start this thread? 

Not irony.  Poetic justice.

Sarah

« Reply #1124 on: November 19, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »
How much is "some"?

A couple of teaspoons, maybe?  I've never measured.