Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 917377 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #1530 on: May 07, 2010, 11:35:48 AM »
I hate how self-aware I am of the dumb stuff I say.

I was chatting with a former teacher the other day and I, for some reason, decided to tell her that "my life is falling apart" to get sympathy. I'll probably never see this person, whom was very influential to me, again and this is the impression I decided to leave her with. I've been thinking about it nonstop ever since. What's wrong with me?

Apparently your life is falling apart.

I'm desperately lonely and inadequate, but saying that "my life is falling apart" was a bit much.

Pidgeon, you asked what was wrong, and I quoted you; remember? "I was chatting with a former teacher the other day and I, for some reason, decided to tell her that "my life is falling apart" "

I wasn't making a value judgement, I just thought you forgot you had already answered this question.

Don't be lonely, that's why we are here. Just damp town the James-ness.

Pidgeon

« Reply #1531 on: May 07, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »
Oh no, you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that "my life is falling apart" was a bit much for ME to say.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1532 on: May 07, 2010, 11:48:51 AM »
Oh no, you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that "my life is falling apart" was a bit much for ME to say.

Wait, one of our lives are falling apart; which one is it?

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1533 on: May 07, 2010, 10:05:58 PM »
The Westboro Baptist Church is going to protest the funeral of a co-worker's young sister who was beaten to death by her boyfriend. I know they do this crap all the time but it just hits a little close to home :(
from the land of pleasant living

Pidgeon

« Reply #1534 on: May 07, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »
The Westboro Baptist Church is going to protest the funeral of a co-worker's young sister who was beaten to death by her boyfriend. I know they do this crap all the time but it just hits a little close to home :(

What is the "spin" they're trying to put on the protest?

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1535 on: May 07, 2010, 10:12:19 PM »
She deserved to die because she's a Catholic.

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1536 on: May 08, 2010, 09:36:09 AM »

I know this is probably not the ideal time to suggest this, but wouldn't it be great if a group like Improv Everywhere (that usually does stuff that doesn't actually mean anything to anyone) would go fuck with the Westboro Baptist Assholes on one of their missions?

I bet they could get a bazillion people to participate, and it would finally bring them useless hipsters up a few notches in my book.

Anybody see the Louis Theroux episode on the Westboro Baptists? Scary stuff.

"Is this me?"

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1537 on: May 08, 2010, 09:42:25 AM »

I bet they could get a bazillion people to participate, and it would finally bring them useless hipsters up a few notches in my book.

I just saw in my mind's eye 1000 people dressed in camouflage hot pants wearing wigs and fake mustaches carrying signs supporting the church.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1538 on: May 08, 2010, 10:01:20 AM »
I hate the rush by online newspapers to provide multimedia content. Often enough, the subject of an article will interest me, and I click through to see it's a video. I don't want to watch a video! I like reading.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1539 on: May 08, 2010, 08:10:16 PM »
I hate the rush by online newspapers to provide multimedia content. Often enough, the subject of an article will interest me, and I click through to see it's a video. I don't want to watch a video! I like reading.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1540 on: May 09, 2010, 12:52:06 AM »
(Yay! WBC didn't show up! Silverish lining!)

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1541 on: May 09, 2010, 01:29:41 AM »

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1542 on: May 09, 2010, 06:34:43 AM »
"Is this me?"

Pidgeon

« Reply #1543 on: May 09, 2010, 11:34:30 AM »
White people do things this way and black people do it another way.

Can I get a stand-up special now?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1544 on: May 09, 2010, 12:41:59 PM »

Kelsey Grammar -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mQPvKXw3U

This is not only a forum where the right can laugh and be themselves.  It's also a place where comedians stuck in the 1980's can laugh and be themselves.   I kept waiting for Rosie O'Donnel with a perm to come out chewing gum to introduce the next act.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling