Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 920995 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #1725 on: July 05, 2010, 11:20:03 AM »
How hot are all those temperatures in real numbers?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1726 on: July 05, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
About 557 Rankine.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1727 on: July 05, 2010, 08:44:26 PM »
97 today in Knoxville

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1728 on: July 06, 2010, 06:36:12 PM »
People who rely on Spotify* playlists for their goddamn wedding party instead of getting a proper DJ. When there's plenty of DJs among the wedding guests, to boot. Thumbs down. Humiliating.

*) or Pandora or whatever else of the streaming-random-playlists-to-a-laptop/ipod variety.

mahgeetah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1729 on: July 07, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »
People who rely on Spotify* playlists for their goddamn wedding party instead of getting a proper DJ. When there's plenty of DJs among the wedding guests, to boot. Thumbs down. Humiliating.

*) or Pandora or whatever else of the streaming-random-playlists-to-a-laptop/ipod variety.

Well, unless the DJ-guests were willing to work for free, it's possible that this is a budgetary decision.

Or maybe it's a taste-related decision. Nothing ruins a wedding faster than a DJ who decides it's his job to inject his "personality" into his narration tasks, intro songs, etc, as though it's a morning zoo instead of a special event that requires a bit of restraint. We specifically asked our wedding DJ to keep his mouth shut in order to avoid this. Then he showed up with a big banner in front of his DJ setup reading "A DASH OF CLASS" and his phone number. So thanks, guy, for dropping your dash of class into our wedding photos.

I guess what I'm saying is, I hate wedding DJ's.  ;D
I'm in my late 50's.

Sarah

« Reply #1730 on: July 07, 2010, 12:17:12 PM »
You know what's worse?  A pastor who insists on singing during funeral services.  I had the misfortune of attending three funerals in a church where that happened, once when the family specifically requested that he keep his big fat mouth shut.

P.S.  Did he sing hymns?  No, he always performed schmaltzified versions of pop rock songs.  With a lot of exaggerated soulful vibrato.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1731 on: July 07, 2010, 12:58:43 PM »

Well, unless the DJ-guests were willing to work for free, it's possible that this is a budgetary decision.

Or maybe it's a taste-related decision. Nothing ruins a wedding faster than a DJ who decides it's his job to inject his "personality" into his narration tasks, intro songs, etc, as though it's a morning zoo instead of a special event that requires a bit of restraint. We specifically asked our wedding DJ to keep his mouth shut in order to avoid this. Then he showed up with a big banner in front of his DJ setup reading "A DASH OF CLASS" and his phone number. So thanks, guy, for dropping your dash of class into our wedding photos.

I guess what I'm saying is, I hate wedding DJ's.  ;D

Sorry about that, that guy sounds horrible.

They have a bunch of friends attending the wedding who dabble as DJs (as in club DJs, not wedding DJs - me included), all of whom would be thrilled to play a number of 30-60 mins long sets all through the evening. I think it's not so much a question of taste as a case of last-minute scramble to get everything sorted out.

But I will oblige and put together something for them to use. Why not?

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1732 on: July 07, 2010, 01:07:57 PM »
The new FOT forum theme and the way it logs me out constantly  >:(

Paul DePhiladelphia

« Reply #1733 on: July 07, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »
People whining about the heat like it's instant paralysis.

Sarah

« Reply #1734 on: July 07, 2010, 01:37:18 PM »
It actually sort of is for me. 

Paul DePhiladelphia

« Reply #1735 on: July 07, 2010, 01:56:34 PM »
Look here son, you need to tough up! Nah I say this when I work in a/c all day then go home to bundled utilities that only cost me $20/m. My only time in the heat is between work and the bus and home, all which I do in the nude. But I know it sucks without a/c, I spent the 4th at a friends house and he didn't have it. I could hardly breath inside his house.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1736 on: July 07, 2010, 01:58:22 PM »
Yeah, I can't move or think in this weather. In a way, I kind of like that: you can't fight it, so you just have to slow down.

Paul DePhiladelphia

« Reply #1737 on: July 07, 2010, 02:35:14 PM »
Yeah, I can't move or think in this weather. In a way, I kind of like that: you can't fight it, so you just have to slow down.

I like how the weather is so consistent. Like that there's no rest until you enter an a/c room. It's just a steady beating. And in a tie and long pants you can really feel it. Wait I mean I hate it!

Also I am relistening to 04 archives and I really hate Captain Jack. Tom sort of loses his mind with him but I am surprised he lasted as long as he did. I mean I assume it is a character, right? But just the way he overtalks is so unbearable and wildly unhinged. And when Trish calls to try to vouch for him it leads me to believe they are all calling from a compound fills with only the sleaziest jerks.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1738 on: July 07, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »
97 today in Knoxville

psh. 103 in Baltimore. Holla.
from the land of pleasant living

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1739 on: July 08, 2010, 12:40:44 AM »
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling