Author Topic: Melvins  (Read 2865 times)

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Melvins
« on: December 08, 2006, 05:04:48 PM »
The Melvins are a band with a lot of cred yet the few times I dimly recall hearing them I believe they were too sludgy for me.  Can anyone recommend some tracks/albums I should check out that will convert me?  Any Armand Ven Helden remixes floating around? 

bruce

Re: Melvins
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 06:03:54 PM »
Big fan of the Lysol album. But since they almost got sued its the one with the Indian on the cover. Also its all one track.

Bullhead and Ozma are two others to look for.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 06:05:33 PM »
The Melvins are a band with a lot of cred yet the few times I dimly recall hearing them I believe they were too sludgy for me.  Can anyone recommend some tracks/albums I should check out that will convert me?  Any Armand Ven Helden remixes floating around? 

"Honey Bucket" from the Cobain-produced Houdini

"Revolve" from Stoner Witch

I'm sure that Melvins enthusiast from the chat can offer a more robust and illuminating response.

You can also pluck "Rat Faced" from their latest LP in this recap.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

TL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 06:03:30 AM »
I was a big "Gluey Porch Treatments" fan "back in the day," but I actually LOVE LOVE LOVE their most recent album, "A Senile Animal."  It's pretty "metal," but I mean that in a "good way."
 - "TL"
Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 07:39:41 PM »
I haven't heard enough of the new record to form an overwhelming opinion on it yet (though I did like the songs I did listen to).

Just learned that they're a four-piece now. Two drummers. Which I hadn't really noticed hearing the album (a la, say, The Cherry Valence). http://www.themelvins.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=214&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -