Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 860587 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Humorless Politics Thread
« Reply #2340 on: December 27, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »
Completely ignoring the thread title...

Am I the only one who liked 2010 a lot more than 2001?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2341 on: December 27, 2012, 06:31:31 PM »
I'm glad that POS is retiring. There's no way that curly sue Rand will develop as big a cult following as his old man. He seems weird and corrupt, too. Hopefully he'll get caught with a dead hooker or something.
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2342 on: December 27, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »
Completely ignoring the thread title...

Am I the only one who liked 2010 a lot more than 2001?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2343 on: December 27, 2012, 07:10:57 PM »
Ha. Who else liked 2010 better than 2001, Fredericks? I want names.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2344 on: December 27, 2012, 08:42:02 PM »
2001 is the worst movie on the original AFI list, of which I have seen 98.  Kubrick is hit or miss for me, but 2001 is all miss. 

To paraphrase the host of this site about things he doesn't enjoy: "Oh, I get what he was trying to do."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2345 on: December 28, 2012, 07:22:32 PM »
Where is "no abortions for any reason" and "fuck them if they don't have health coverage" on that train? The other side?

You don't want to ask about the other side of that train, Dave.

For extra comedy, read that in HAL voice.
Excellent suggestion, Buff.

I think it's just a set of Ron Paul teats, FROM WHICH NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO NURSE.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2346 on: December 28, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »
Ha. Who else liked 2010 better than 2001, Fredericks? I want names.

Kevin Kelly
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2347 on: December 29, 2012, 02:05:51 AM »
Where is "no abortions for any reason" and "fuck them if they don't have health coverage" on that train? The other side?

You don't want to ask about the other side of that train, Dave.

For extra comedy, read that in HAL voice.
Excellent suggestion, Buff.

I think it's just a set of Ron Paul teats, FROM WHICH NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO NURSE.

Haha. Ron Paul's titties would be filled with nothing but gall and maybe some freedom. Get your own milk, you fleet-footed loser!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2348 on: December 30, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »
I love 2001, both book and movie. I have complicated relationships with computers, though.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2349 on: December 30, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
Sucks that the Democrats won the popular vote in the House elections, but we still have these clowns  (meaning the clowns with the R's next to their names) running things. And now we're going off some sort of cliff or something? WTF.

Also, this deserves to be posted one last time:

Aw, the little engine that could. Could blow racist dog whistles like Dizzy Gillespie blowing the trumpet.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2350 on: January 01, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »
All of this fiscal cliff talk is confusing me. I am glad I have Irwin and his pals to rely upon for intelligent commentary and detailed analysis.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2351 on: January 01, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »
I just get the nagging sense people are playing up the 'Fiscal Cliff' thing for maximum drama and histrionics without addressing the subtleties. I could be wrong about this.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2352 on: January 01, 2013, 10:59:22 PM »
I am glad I have Irwin and his pals to rely upon for intelligent commentary and detailed analysis.

Wha? Is that parody or is Irwin actually that conservative? Thought that's something I would've known about.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2353 on: January 02, 2013, 02:15:14 AM »
I think he really is that conservative, or at least he's trolling.  He certainly does know how to pick those links, though!

While there is no guarantee that calling Romney a flip-flopper would have worked better, the investment of tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars in negative ads trying to convince Americans that the Republican was a heartless plutocrat who abused dogs, outsourced jobs, killed cancer patients and hated ordinary people set the Democrats up for a fall once their target showed himself to be a likeable and reasonable person. The same tactic failed 32 years ago when it was tried by the Jimmy Carter campaign against Ronald Reagan, and right now that precedent is causing the knots in the stomachs of Obama campaign officials to tighten as they contemplate defeat.

Yes, you read that headline correctly. I am a Las Vegas oddsmaker (and former Libertarian vice presidential candidate) and here's why I am so boldly predicting a Romney landslide.
In November of 2004, only days before the presidential election, I went on CNBC and predicted a Bush victory by 3 points and 30 electoral votes. Every poll at the time showed Kerry in the lead. Bush won by 3 and 35. Newsmax magazine called it the most accurate prediction of 2004.

In October of 2006, I went on Fox News to predict the GOP would get slaughtered in the midterm election and lose Congress. They did.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2354 on: January 02, 2013, 04:37:47 AM »
I am glad I have Irwin and his pals to rely upon for intelligent commentary and detailed analysis.

Wha? Is that parody or is Irwin actually that conservative? Thought that's something I would've known about.

Irwin's been full metal wingnut for years, with all the anti-muslim, anti-science, etc. garbage that comes with that. Judging from private conversation I had with him, he's indeed quite sincere about this.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!