Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 853820 times)

Jennifer

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Why The Dems Might Lose
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
I've never heard of Sarah Palin until I looked at this thread this morning. Holy shit, now I'm getting my news from the FOT message board. This is bad. I need to start watching the Daily Show again.

I had the same reaction.  :-[ In my defense, things have been more than a bit chaotic.

Me too! I know who she is, but didn't know she was running until I came in here. There was an article about her a few months ago in Vogue or Vanity Fair or one of those magazines and the only thing I remember is that the author said she could be "Tina Fey's older, sexier sister."

Not happy about this.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »
Me too! I know who she is, but didn't know she was running until I came in here. There was an article about her a few months ago in Vogue or Vanity Fair or one of those magazines and the only thing I remember is that the author said she could be "Tina Fey's older, sexier sister."
Not happy about this.
I totally thought of Tina Fey when I looked up pics of Sarah Palin. Wouldn't be surprised if Tina does a guest spot portraying her on SNL this fall. Not sure why Vanity Fair had to dis Tina Fey with the "sexier" description of Palin. INTO THE HATE PIT, Vanity Fair! (You buncha snobs ...)

Quote from: Sarah Palin (via YouTube)
"What is it exactly that the VP does?"

Currently he runs the whole fuckin' country from an underground bunker. But hopefuly that won't be allowed to happen again ...

I've never heard of Sarah Palin until I looked at this thread this morning. Holy shit, now I'm getting my news from the FOT message board. This is bad. I need to start watching the Daily Show again.

If you depend on the Daily Show, you would not hear about this until Tuesday. Depend on the FOT message board, it is our only hope!

Thank you DFK ... I can always depend on you to put things in perspective.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2008, 02:39:30 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing the hotness.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »
I'm with you, Beth.

Also, I think McCain's ready to teach me about the Power of Intention.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »
I have been addicted to reading the comments on this blog for the past few days:

http://blog.pumapac.org/

Sarah

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »
FOTchan schooled me on how lousy women are at judging hotness, Beth.  

If some Hillary supporters vote for McCain simply because of his running mate, they should be shot.  On the bright side, women-hating Republicans may be disgusted by the choice; after all, it's a hell of a lot more possible that Palin could ascend to the throne than Biden.  Barring assassination, of course.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2008, 02:49:35 PM »

^That site is pants-on-head stupid and every comment thread starts with grown women actually saying, "First!".

chrisfoll577

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2008, 03:02:15 PM »
FOTchan schooled me on how lousy women are at judging hotness, Beth.  

If some Hillary supporters vote for McCain simply because of his running mate, they should be shot.  On the bright side, women-hating Republicans may be disgusted by the choice; after all, it's a hell of a lot more possible that Palin could ascend to the throne than Biden.  Barring assassination, of course.

Wow, there was quite a lot of violent imagery in that post.

And yes, a few women I've talked to today also have said they don't see how men find Gov. Palin 'hot'.  There's something about drawn up hair and glasses on a woman with a brilliant smile that strikes me as beautiful... but then again, I'm also a geek.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2008, 03:49:07 PM »

^That site is pants-on-head stupid and every comment thread starts with grown women actually saying, "First!".

Nice, um, coloration on the hand there.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2008, 04:10:51 PM »
Now, not only are the Republican's feeding Fox with their news, they're pitching reality shows by picking America's Hottest Governor!

I'll be here all night.

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2008, 04:20:15 PM »
I thought I had broken my Rapture Ready habit, but I just had to see what they had to say about this:

Just remember, God places people for a reason. And wouldn't it be an awesome testimony for God if the rapture happened during this time and she, as a known christian--whether she becomes vp or not...is raptured away?
Makes me wonder what God is up to! This is incredible that she has been given this opportunity....a real opportunity for witness.

Im so pumped up about this election now I could go beat up some Nephilim.

She cant be too much of a feminist, she has a husband.
The ones who aggravate me are the ones who hate men.

In other words, we're screwed. If Rapture Ready can't find a fanatical Jesus misinterpretation to justify hating someone, the less insane conservatives are sure to follow.

<<<<<

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
Clearly McCain is aiming for the David Duchovny vote here.

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2008, 06:01:46 PM »
I've been scouring the internet for responses to the news and in most of the places I've seen, the response from women has been 'lets wait and see' or 'this is insulting'. Now most of the internet that I know of (honestly someone has to make an internet guide thats better than google, i want to find intelligent republican and/or moderate message boards and places to blog and google is no good at that), is pretty pro-Obama or Democrat leaning.
What are the chances that the women that McCain is trying to lure are turned off and/or insulted by the desperation of this move?

As for the hotness thing, I don't exactly get it. She is nice-looking, sure, but not that pretty. Far less pretty than Obama is handsome.  She looks a bit like Tina Fey I guess, but the way normal people look like celebrities. The difference in attractiveness between her and Hillary is not very big, not noteworthy. I guess people are making a big deal about it because of the beauty queen thing, but thats an Alaskan beauty contest. Alaska has by far the highest male-female ratio and thats not including the thousands of mostly men who go there to work. To say that Alaska is not a state of lookers would be an understatement.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2008, 06:04:48 PM »
She cant be too much of a feminist, she has a husband.
The ones who aggravate me are the ones who hate men.

Wow!  Even Spike likes this lady!

<<<<<

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2008, 06:18:47 PM »
I think the decision is much more multi-faceted than simply to mooch Hillary supporters (which is an ill attempt at best). 

As far as hotness, meh...  there are a lot of attractive women out there.  Beautiful politically powerful women aren't as new as people are acting.