Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 853991 times)

erika

• Space Champion!
Re: Why The Dems Might Lose
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2008, 11:04:58 PM »
We'll see. But Letterman did a pretty good job. (Worth watching the whole thing, trust me)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjkCrfylq-E[/youtube]
from the land of pleasant living

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2008, 11:06:27 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbg6hF0nShQ

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick, though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about — the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some, and I'll bring them to you ya'.

Lady looks like she's about to have a nervous breakdown.

she is so fucking stupid

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2008, 11:24:30 PM »
she looked great though.

<<<<<

« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2008, 11:31:04 PM »
Dang, Letterman is TICKED.  (And not out of line at all.)

Phantom Hugger

« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2008, 11:50:34 PM »

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick, though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about — the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

she is so fucking stupid

I hate the way she keeps referring to "Amer'ca" as if she weren't a part of it. Like, "well, this could happen to youze guys if you're not careful, and if it does, good luck to ya."

chrisfoll577

« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2008, 06:44:21 AM »
Dang, Letterman is TICKED.  (And not out of line at all.)

I don't know, it seemed really petty to me.  Letterman has a legendary ego and temper and he let the ugliness that I've seen live at tapings show on camera.  Whether his motives for suspending his campaign are sincere or not, McCain would have been roundly criticized for going on a late night talk show yucking it up when the vote for the bailout is taking place.  It's probably more appropriate for McCain to do a the evening news instead of sharing the stage with a Dave and a washed up Sportscaster like Olbermann.  I'm sure Katie Couric isn't too happy to be lumped in with Rachael Ray either.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »
You know it's bad when you're getting taken to pieces by Katie Couric. I actually felt bad for Palin for a minute while that was happening.

With all due respects, this is exactly the reaction they are counting on to help win. Feel it, my comrade, but let it be the pity that dare not speak aloud.

Stan

« Reply #307 on: September 25, 2008, 08:03:38 AM »

She sort of sounds like this guy:

[youtube]TR3QHoqfhX8[/youtube]

"This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #308 on: September 25, 2008, 08:24:54 AM »
You know it's bad when you're getting taken to pieces by Katie Couric. I actually felt bad for Palin for a minute while that was happening.

With all due respects, this is exactly the reaction they are counting on to help win. Feel it, my comrade, but let it be the pity that dare not speak aloud.

That's what I'm afraid of.

Sarah

« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2008, 08:28:38 AM »

I love Bubbles so.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »

I love Bubbles so.

Ricky/Bubbles '08! We don't need another Jim Lahey in office! Kitties for all! Hemp fuel! Pot in every home and a jerky in every mouth!

Sarah

« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2008, 09:14:09 AM »
Julian and Bubbles--that would be a ticket I could get behind.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2008, 09:55:55 AM »
Agreed.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »
"I believe they have postponed the debate on Friday, because John McCain... is a pussy, and his running mate is Hitler."

- Louis CK, on why people should go see his show on Friday instead of watching the debate

Steeley Chris

« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »
she looked great though.
Wait, what does "great" mean again?
"Dad gets mad."