Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 856228 times)

yesno

• Space Champion!
Re: Humorless Politics Thread
« Reply #1035 on: November 05, 2008, 01:01:05 PM »
Although there is much to be happy about today, I'd just like to say BOOO on the Proposition 8 approval. What the fuck.

Lots of Obama supporters must have voted for it.  People are really hung up on the word "marriage," but seem willing to give gay couples all of the legal rights that attend marriage.  Voodoo thinking.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1036 on: November 05, 2008, 01:13:20 PM »
sad ron paul needs a puppy.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1037 on: November 05, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »

When I saw this, I finally knew what Oppenheimer and the rest of the Manhattan Project must have felt when they watched that atomic bomb go off in Alamogordo. So fascinating, so horrifying. It was like being one of the Nazis at the end of Raiders, staring at the beautiful spirits in wonder, then seeing them turn into the awesome, destructive, face-melting terror of a holographic dude from the Black Eyed Peas.

You said it. After that interview, Anderson Cooper assured his viewers: "Lots more holograms coming up..." Dear god, I hope this becomes the MAIN way they interview people on CNN.

"Performer & Obama Supporter"

AND A FUCKING HOLOGRAM!!!1!

Wil.I.(Hologr)am
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1038 on: November 05, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »
Although there is much to be happy about today, I'd just like to say BOOO on the Proposition 8 approval. What the fuck.

Lots of Obama supporters must have voted for it.  People are really hung up on the word "marriage," but seem willing to give gay couples all of the legal rights that attend marriage.  Voodoo thinking.

Every silver lining needs a dark cloud. Somehow, I'm optimistic. Must be the Obama effect.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #1039 on: November 05, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »
Hangovers at work really suck.

<<<<<

« Reply #1040 on: November 05, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »
Yeesh.  Proud of America and ashamed of this guy.  It's like the inverse of 2000!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsP6XN2dIo

Seriously Nader, what the hell.

Dan B

« Reply #1041 on: November 05, 2008, 04:30:31 PM »
Now that it's all over
I rarely see you any longer
I plug myself in
I am a hologram a hologram a hologram a hologram

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1042 on: November 05, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
sad ron paul needs a puppy.

Look at the shoes! What the fuck, in my opinion.

Trotskie

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1043 on: November 05, 2008, 05:41:16 PM »

[/quote]

Look at the shoes! What the fuck, in my opinion.
[/quote]

I think those are orthopedic shoes. 

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1044 on: November 05, 2008, 05:45:58 PM »
Yeesh.  Proud of America and ashamed of this guy.  It's like the inverse of 2000!

Oh Ralphie ... you've hit your nadir. Brilliant man, and I wouldn't say that he's destroyed his legacy because of one stupid statement. But still ... jesus fucking christ, this guy is totally tone-deaf when it comes to interacting with other humans. If you want to be a politician, part of the job is being good with people. And having some fucking sensitivity about other people's feelings. Ralph scores 0 out of 100 on that one.

He should be working behind the scenes, working up position papers and plotting campaign strategy for a candidate who won't depress the hell out of everybody. I don't wanna see his sad-sack face on TV anymore.

There's a phrase I've seen in biographical sketches of Woodrow Wilson and other historical figures: "He loved humanity, but he hated people". That's Ralph. If you're in politics you have to have at least a little bit of the common touch, some good bedside manner. George W. was sort of a retarded caricature of the common touch but ... you know what I mean. Right?

Noam Chomsky also. Brilliant man, but what a cold fish. Has there ever been a colder fish than Noam Chomsky?
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1045 on: November 05, 2008, 06:34:45 PM »
Johnny Ramone?

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #1046 on: November 05, 2008, 08:17:43 PM »

That was not only a dumb thing to say on the obvious level, it barely makes sense when you think about.  It's like the choice of wording in that is completely structured around him being able to say "Uncle Tom".  He's using the figure of Uncle Sam like as if people actually have positive associations with it.  The only thing people affiliate Uncle Sam with is that "uncle sam wants YOU" poster, which is barely positive.  It's like nader's ability to win any battles is so far in the past that he just says stupid shit like this and does videos with obama girl.  He's become a total joke.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1047 on: November 05, 2008, 08:39:04 PM »

That was not only a dumb thing to say on the obvious level, it barely makes sense when you think about.  It's like the choice of wording in that is completely structured around him being able to say "Uncle Tom".  He's using the figure of Uncle Sam like as if people actually have positive associations with it.  The only thing people affiliate Uncle Sam with is that "uncle sam wants YOU" poster, which is barely positive.  It's like nader's ability to win any battles is so far in the past that he just says stupid shit like this and does videos with obama girl.  He's become a total joke.

This and the "talking white" comment. He's just using racially charged language to get attention from the media.  I didn't even know about the Obama girl video but I just watched and was cringing.

I've really lost so much respect for Nader over the past 8 years.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #1048 on: November 05, 2008, 08:57:24 PM »
The gift that keeps giving
Palin didn't know Africa is a continent

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1049 on: November 05, 2008, 09:09:33 PM »
The gift that keeps giving
Palin didn't know Africa is a continent

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html

I thought it was a state of mind.