Author Topic: "You're a crybaby"  (Read 12899 times)

Fido

• Space Champion!
Re: "You're a crybaby"
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
I'm way too obsessed with minor grammatical points for my own damn good. I probably deserve to be slapped.

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 05:30:51 PM »
Sorry Fido. I have trouble with my English grammar. In german, a child is neuter.

for that statement, and reasons too numerous to mention, i gotta say - i'm a huge julie from cincinnati fan.

You're a sicko.
I have a long history of booing

Julie

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »
I'm way too obsessed with minor grammatical points for my own damn good. I probably deserve to be slapped.

Oh, never say that! Spelling doesn't matter, but grammar is what separates us from the apes.

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 05:43:47 PM »
Now that I have a kid I must admit I watch the behaviors of other parents and I am shocked at some of what I see.

yup. becoming a parent has made me simultaneously more understanding and more judgmental of other parents.

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 06:00:01 PM »
Sorry Fido. I have trouble with my English grammar. In german, a child is neuter.

for that statement, and reasons too numerous to mention, i gotta say - i'm a huge julie from cincinnati fan.

You're a sicko.

call me what you will - just don't stop calling tom (please.)

Julie

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 07:00:41 PM »

You're a sicko.

oh, when I read that that, I thought you said stop calling Tom, which I plan to do soon. However, I was offended by thinking you were telling me what to do and I was going to keep calling with the hopes that you would have nightmares about me. But now I am not going to say anything mean to you, which would have been only a reflection of what I think about me, so please don't be offended by the things I thought. You are nice and should try jogging for your health.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 09:16:55 PM »

Oh, never say that! Spelling doesn't matter, but grammar is what separates us from the apes.

I like that. Can I use that?

I read a funny New Yorker cartoon a while ago that showed one person saying to another, "Why is art education funding the first thing to be cut, when you just know that art is the one thing separating us from the apes?"  I loved that, but I like yours better. You better not encourage me, however. Or Sarah, for that matter.

About the whole crybaby thing -- who did everyone want to castigate more, the inattentive dad or the stupid store clerk?  I'm not sure myself.

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »
The Dad for sure. The clerk was being a dumbass, even if her intentions were good, but it is the Dad's responsibility to take care of his child. For shame lame-o dad, for shame.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 10:59:31 PM »
Oh, I thought the mother was calling the brat a crybaby, not the sales clerk! The nerve of that brainless button pusher to try to do the mother's job! That kid is goiong to be effed up and won't be able to shop when it gets old. In 25-30 years, when check out girls start disappearing from that area, I'll bet you their bodies will be found in the crawl space under that crybaby's home. You can't undo the damage done by pushy strangers.

Hey Julie, you should probably refer to the child as "he" or "she." You can refer to an animal of indeterminate gender as "it." Maybe you could refer to the sales clerk as "it," in this case. But not to nitpick -- I generally agree with the sentiments you expressed.

What if the kid was transgendered?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 03:21:24 AM »
You know what kids like? Having their little bodies pushed to the limit!

Also I have noticed that they are good at scrounging up food.

-Ajax

Leave No Child Un-held-at-an-awkward-angle.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

A.M. Thomas

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 03:57:25 AM »

You're a sicko.

I'm a huge JfC fan too.  I actually prefer her more mellow (i.e. sober) calls though.

Julie: you're great.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 11:32:16 AM »

I'm a huge JfC fan too.  I actually prefer her more mellow (i.e. sober) calls though.

Julie: you're great.

she's the best.

Julie

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 01:46:11 PM »

I like that. Can I use that?

I read a funny New Yorker cartoon a while ago that showed one person saying to another, "Why is art education funding the first thing to be cut, when you just know that art is the one thing separating us from the apes?"  I loved that, but I like yours better. You better not encourage me, however. Or Sarah, for that matter.

About the whole crybaby thing -- who did everyone want to castigate more, the inattentive dad or the stupid store clerk?  I'm not sure myself.

Sure, you can have those words, but if I see them at the thrift store in a few years, I'll jump off a bridge.

I think both the clerk and the papa should at least get shoved into a pile of rakes.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 01:48:21 PM »
Julie, we're becoming myspace friends.