Author Topic: "You're a crybaby"  (Read 12925 times)

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
"You're a crybaby"
« on: September 11, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »
Did this kid not have parents. Anyone gets too close, or too inappropriate with my kid I tell them politely to step back. That is you job as a parent, protect and nurture your child.

Animals.

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
Re: "You're a crybaby"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:56:17 AM »
Maybe it was a mentally and emotionally weak child that needed toughening up? Weakness can only be ignored for so long in a child before it begins damaging the core of the family. As americans, I feel that our children are our greatest asset.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 11:26:49 AM »
You don't toughen up a kid by calling them a crybaby. It just makes them feel like shit. Anyone ever call you a crybaby when you were a kid? Did it help?

You have to try to empower them, not cut them down.
from the land of pleasant living

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »
Maybe it was a mentally and emotionally weak child that needed toughening up? Weakness can only be ignored for so long in a child before it begins damaging the core of the family. As americans, I feel that our children are our greatest asset.

Boot camp for two-year olds! These little monsters have been sapping our resources long enough!
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

mostlymeat

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 12:38:45 PM »
You know what kids like? Having their little bodies pushed to the limit!

Also I have noticed that they are good at scrounging up food.

-Ajax

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 01:13:37 PM »
what the hell was wrong with that father? if a salesclerk called my kid a crybaby once, let alone multiple times, her ass would have been reported so fast.

and then she picked the kid up? she was holding him? what the holy hell?

yeah so i don't know who deserves a solid kick to the shins more: the salesclerk or the dad.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »
ive never called a kid a crybaby, but i have told more than one kid theyre a snob, "it's snobs versus slobs and slobs always win; get on the right team."

granted, these kids are strictly mini-versions of friends.  i dont think i could unload on a stranger kid. 

erechoveraker

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »
The only way I could rationalize that story while listening, in that nobody beat the clerk up etc, is that she must have known the kid somehow. Relative maybe?

I mean if not, can you imagine? I can be pretty short with clerks when they act out of bounds with me, who knows how nuts I'd go if they did something that insane to my child, geez.

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »
what the hell was wrong with that father? if a salesclerk called my kid a crybaby once, let alone multiple times, her ass would have been reported so fast.

and then she picked the kid up? she was holding him? what the holy hell?

yeah so i don't know who deserves a solid kick to the shins more: the salesclerk or the dad.

Yeah, what are you doing letting a stranger pick your kid up? I mean lets assume that the clerk was trying to be funny, but if it was clearly upsetting the child, why would you let this go on?

Now that I have a kid I must admit I watch the behaviors of other parents and I am shocked at some of what I see.

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 02:25:04 PM »

I'm qouting myself so that it's clear I was totally joking. All you should do with other people's kids is wave and say hi, maybe a balloon animal.

Also, I keep it in mind that very young kids don't get sarcasm. I've seen parents and adults "joke" around with children in a way that, to me, seemed almost aggressive. 

Julie

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »
Oh, I thought the mother was calling the brat a crybaby, not the sales clerk! The nerve of that brainless button pusher to try to do the mother's job! That kid is goiong to be effed up and won't be able to shop when it gets old. In 25-30 years, when check out girls start disappearing from that area, I'll bet you their bodies will be found in the crawl space under that crybaby's home. You can't undo the damage done by pushy strangers.
I have a long history of booing

Julie

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 02:26:36 PM »

I'm qouting myself so that it's clear I was totally joking. All you should do with other people's kids is wave and say hi, maybe a balloon animal.

Also, I keep it in mind that very young kids don't get sarcasm. I've seen parents and adults "joke" around with children in a way that, to me, seemed almost aggressive. 

I thought you were serious!

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 02:29:11 PM »
Oh, I thought the mother was calling the brat a crybaby, not the sales clerk! The nerve of that brainless button pusher to try to do the mother's job! That kid is goiong to be effed up and won't be able to shop when it gets old. In 25-30 years, when check out girls start disappearing from that area, I'll bet you their bodies will be found in the crawl space under that crybaby's home. You can't undo the damage done by pushy strangers.

Hey Julie, you should probably refer to the child as "he" or "she." You can refer to an animal of indeterminate gender as "it." Maybe you could refer to the sales clerk as "it," in this case. But not to nitpick -- I generally agree with the sentiments you expressed.

Julie

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 03:07:08 PM »

Hey Julie, you should probably refer to the child as "he" or "she." You can refer to an animal of indeterminate gender as "it." Maybe you could refer to the sales clerk as "it," in this case. But not to nitpick -- I generally agree with the sentiments you expressed.

Sorry Fido. I have trouble with my English grammar. In german, a child is neuter.

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 03:28:16 PM »
Sorry Fido. I have trouble with my English grammar. In german, a child is neuter.

for that statement, and reasons too numerous to mention, i gotta say - i'm a huge julie from cincinnati fan.