Author Topic: Film posters from Poland  (Read 1533 times)

samir

• Space Champion!
Film posters from Poland
« on: September 12, 2008, 11:08:20 AM »
http://wellmedicated.com/inspiration/50-incredible-film-posters-from-poland/

Some of these are pretty awesome. And FOT will especially enjoy:

"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Film posters from Poland
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:17:37 AM »
Does the submarine in "The Hunt for Red October" have screen doors?
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »
Those posters are great. It would be interesting to do a "match the films with the poster" quiz.

Some of the comments are hilarious/depressing:
Are u ppl blind? These are garbage. It looks like they were drawn with pencil crayons and markers by a ten year old. We live in a world of photoshop now. These poters look to be drawn in Microsoft Paint. Get with the times man. I like vintage design just as much as anyone else but these are just terrible excuses for art. Very lazy designs here that seem to be whipped up in minutes by whoever created them. If this is what it looks like throughout Poland, then they are missing out big time.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 04:31:17 PM »
Wow, the Tootsie one effing  rules!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »
Thanks Samir, these are pretty amazing.  Here's another one of particular FOT interest:

Some of these posters seem tonally at odds with the movies they're advertising. Like from this poster, you'd think that "Weekend at Bernie's" was a Polanski existential Horror film:

"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
These are amazing! It should be a goal for any filmmaker to have one of these done for them. My favorite comment:

#
jkillah1
August 25th, 2008

Many of you may call these “art”, but maybe you are just giving them too much credit because they are old. To me, they just remind me of all those dirty, boring, drab things from decades ago. Like watching TV shows from the early 90’s.

I love good art, and don’t get me wrong. The modern hollywood posters are not that great, but at least they have some vibrant color!

Nowadays, all that these posters would do is depress people and make them think that the films were boring! I’m surprised that so many people like these. It just gives me a sinking feeling in my gut. Uggh!

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 10:58:54 PM »
Now I gotta visit Poland.