Author Topic: Fun little things you do to keep from killing yourself  (Read 18907 times)

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Fun little things you do to keep from killing yourself
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2008, 01:07:32 PM »
dfk, reading the horrible things people from fotchan say about me makes me want to commit self murder, but just the same, I can't stop reading them. I printed the Trash Julie Thread a long time ago and sometimes I read it just to remind myself that I think too much about what other people think of me. That doesn't make me think less about what people think, but it gives me a good reason to think less of myself. Why do I enjoy hating myself? I think I'll ask Professor FOTchan.
I have a long history of booing

jake8jazz

« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »
I take anti-depressants and play lots of video games.  It helps me a lot!  Also I chain-smoke.

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2008, 02:26:27 PM »
I love smoking. I really wish it weren't smelly. I don't chain smoke, though. Unless I'm so frustrated with trying to explain something to someone who doesn't understand what I'm talking about.
I have a long history of booing

Nicksy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2008, 06:36:32 PM »
When I was living in an apartment with a window facing a concrete wall I drew a landscape scene on the window with erasable marker.
hey what's up

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »
Fido, don't worry about being good at anything.

Disagree - master something fun and entirely obscure and meaningless, like throwing things in the garbage with a Kareem Abdul Jabbar style skyhook. Actually, I'm the best at that, so you're screwed. 

But if you actually start doing things you think are fun, you will become good at them. But if they are fun and you can't become good at them, you should still do them.

That is great advice, Julie. I've actually said that to other people who are really unhappy in their work and obviously need to make some changes. I'm trying to put that into practice for myself.